[RESOLVED] Epson Stylus Photo 870

Thread: [RESOLVED] Epson Stylus Photo 870

bigtimebanger

Angry Epson Stylus Photo 870

I bought a new printer last week and it doesnt seem to want to print. It goes through the motions as if it is printing. The print cartridge moves back and forth across the paper as it feeds through as though it is printing, but nothing comes out on the paper. I have even tried the test page that you print without the printer being attached to the computer. Same result. Any ideas? Thanks.

Is the piece of protective blue tape removed from the ink cartridge? If so, you may have a defective cartridge or the ink has dried and clogged the nozzles up.

yourhighness

I have an epson photo printer too. It works great! Yes, there is a pull tab on top of the cartridge. Pull it if you haven't already. I would hate to insult you if this is too elemantary. However, sometimes I have to run the "Head Cleaning" found in the utility tab of the properties folder.
    3 years ago I purchased an Epson 400 on ebay for $32.00. The owner couldn't get it to print. I soaked the cartridge in 1 inch of warm water for 1hour. It worked again. I don't know why this worked since the print head is in the printre and not in the cartridge.
    One last thing: I was refilling my old cartridges to save money. I used it so much that 35.00/cart. was way too much for me. I found that after I refilled the cartridge, it wouldn't work for 24 hrs. Go figure. I found photo cartridges for my printer for $7.00. each
    Good luck!

definatly run the print head cleaning util. I've worked on these things before and some can take up to 20 print head cleanings to get working. usually it takes longer to un-clog printheads that have had refilled cartridges run through them though.the ink is a bit thicker sometimes and tends to dry up in the cartridge quicker then epson ink.