Hi,

Yes, I'm a newb. I did look around for a fix to my problem before I came here, but hopefully someone can help.

About 6 weeks, I had a GeForce 4 MX 440 graphics card that had TV-out capability. My tv was kinda old (only has an antenna jack) so I had to buy a few things to help the computer hook up to the TV. When I did this though, for the first few weeks my computer could play DVD's on the TV, and nicely. I had the Display in Dual mode, where the TV display and the computer display were "different" (I don't know a more tech or intelligent way to describe it, but the displays were separate).

Anyway, I opened up a game later and found that because of the dual display, when I hit one side of the screen where the mouse was supposed to stop, it kept going so that I couldn't play the game properly. I changed the display mode back to single display, and then all hell broke loose. Realizing that in single display I could not watch movies on the TV anymore, I changed the display to Clone so that the mouse would still act properly when I played my game. When I did this, the movies would ok on the computer, but on the TV only sound would come out, no picture, just a black screen. I did a system restore, went back to dual mode, tried a variety of things but I was plagued with the black screen for a display on the tv, though the movies displayed well on the computer.

Well, I upgraded recently to an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. I decided to see if maybe this graphics card could play the video. Well...not only do I still have a black screen on the TV, I also have a black screen on my computer. All I get is sound, or the screen freezes in the very beginning before you even get to the menu of the DVD, yet the sound keeps going. So now I can't watch movies even on the 15 inch monitor.

I didn't mean to write such a long post, but what I was getting at is that at one time, this set up did work, and then something I did inadvertantly changed some setting to where now I can't play a damn thing.

I have WinDVD, Interactual Player, Windows Media Player, which all played DVD's just fine in the past, but now only play the sound with no picture or a frozen picture.

Any help with this problem would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thanks, and again, sorry for the long post.