mobo's update
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mobo's update

Banned

mobo's update

Hello, I have an Asus A7N8X-X and I think doesnt works properly. Is it safe to make a bios update? Is it difficult? What do I have to do?

BIOS update far not always can help... and even can make things worse if PC is not working stable enough - any lock up during BIOS flashing, and your MB will be screwed up...

May be problem can can be solved somehow else - please describe the problem you're having...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruslan
    BIOS update far not always can help... and even can make things worse if PC is not working stable enough - any lock up during BIOS flashing, and your MB will be screwed up...

May be problem can can be solved somehow else - please describe the problem you're having...
    So, u agree that bios update is too dangerous. Then we shouldnt do it. (I wonder then WHEN should we make a bios update. Who can judge it. And how this works)
    And about my major problems, I have described them in details in other threads around (noisy vga, "the explorer.exe appl.must shut down", connecting tv card, hi temperatures/monitoring mobo etc Answer me first in these and i ll tell u more problems )

Quote Originally Posted by alexis_
    So, u agree that bios update is too dangerous. Then we shouldnt do it.
    Err nope, I don't think Ruslan is saying that, he's saying that as the procedure going wrong can effectively break your motherboard, then you only want to do it if its necessary, so him not realising that he ought to check all your threads for related issues which you hadn't told him about explicitly, asked, 'what makes you think that ? (you need a bios flash)' ..

Edit: so having myself just 'whizzed though' your four other threads from yesterday, I'd add the sage advice, that one lot of symptoms is one issue & is best all on one topic, to save on confusion like this ..
    Last edited by confus-ed; October 11th, 2005 at 05:34 AM.

Banned
    didnt get a word...what is the solution, anyway? When is necessary to update? I think it is now. Who can tell? What do i do?

He said you posted all over the place and no one, including me can work out if these issues are related or the same as you have failed to give enough information about any of them.

Bios updates are needed - if you check what the update fixes, and you have that problem, then you need to update.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

If you are unsure - then you generally don't need the update. As for the other problems, I would do as Confuse-d has suggested and start a new thread listing what problems you have and we will be able to help you more effectively.

And speaking from my own personal experience - flashing the BIOS is not always the answer - and will probably lead to more issues, more bad that good under these circumstances.
    All sorts of wonderful things in life.

Banned
    I have many problems:
    -high temperature
    -noisy graphics card
    -pc restarts automatically, or cant restart at all
    -mysterious msg about..."go to configure Bios settings" With my older psu(tagan420W) coudnt enter with memory frequency at 200 which is the proper.Only 100, 133, 166. After i put on an older psu(noname,350W) i can enter with 200(xp3200+).U think tagan is faulse?
    Dont tell me for alternate simple solutions, i have already checked the usuals. Problem came up suddenly(after i installed audigy 2 zd and 7,1 creative speakers). I changed graphics card, i changed psu, i made clean xp's instal, U think now i should replace mobo or make a bios update?(which i think already made through its updater program)

No, I don't. If the problem started after you installed the sound card then remove the sound card. I really don't think a BIOS update will cure a noisey video card. If the PSU is faulty - then it may have done some damage to the motherboard - but I can't say for sure as I can't see it.

Post pics if you can.

Banned
    as i said, i already tested such simple solution(remove audigy etc) Its not necessary to see it, i discribed u in details..whats this strange bios msg? why coudnt enter with the proper mem.frequency(200)

as i said, i already tested such simple solution(remove audigy etc)
    I'm sorry, I didn't actually read anywhere in your previous post that you removedthe audigy.

Its not necessary to see it, i discribed u in details..whats this strange bios msg? why coudnt enter with the proper mem.frequency(200)
    Could be something as simple as a jumper in the incorrect position. From what I've read you seem to be saying that everything was great until you put the sound card in? Is this what your saying?

Quote Originally Posted by Garak
    I'm sorry, I didn't actually read anywhere in your previous post that you removedthe audigy.
    That's not in this one, but another

Quote Originally Posted by confus-ed
    That's not in this one, but another
    Right - Alexis - Please put all the information into one thread please.

U think tagan is faulse?
    OK, I give up, what is a tagan?

If we don't do basic troubleshooting with you, or you don't tell us what you have done in the way of troubleshooting, how do we know what your "usuals" are?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

This is the most confusing thread I have ever read
    I think i need to lie down
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html