Belkin 802.11b Wireless USB Adapter - Connection problem on XP Pro

Thread: Belkin 802.11b Wireless USB Adapter - Connection problem on XP Pro

Exclamation Belkin 802.11b Wireless USB Adapter - Connection problem on XP Pro

Hi all

I have just installed the Belkin USB adapter (F5D6050) on a machine running XP Pro (downloaded the latest driver from Belkin). Everything works fine, however on re-boot it does not automatically work unless I manually run the WLAN monitor program and make any change & click on apply. Also on boot-up I get a little icon in the bottom right of the monitor showing a little PC with a red cross over it & when I place my cursor over it, I get the message "Network Cable unplugged". Once I have run the WLAN monitor program and done what I described above then everything works fine & the red cross on the little pc (bottom right of the screen) goes away.

Once I have done this ritual then everything’s fine until the next boot-up where I have to repeat it all. I have another PC running Windows 2000 & using another Belkin USB adapter & I don't have any problems.

Any idea on how to sort it out so that I do not have to manually kick start the USB adapter everytime I boot up???

Thanks in advance

Vinny, I have this problem on two machines I look after... I did find that the Zero wireless config in SP2 was better for them in these circumstances... but these machines are pci wireless and not usb.... give it a go anyway.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

My laptop was doing this...I changed out the USB cable and it stopped - also quit dropping connection too. Just my $0.02.
    --Those who think they know everything annoy those of us that do.

Angry I am having a problem!!!

I have beeen trying to install the Belkin USB adapter (F5D6050) But I am having a problem installing the divers. I have 2000 professional on my desktop. Is anyone else having a problem?

Welcome to Windrivers ff production

Exactly what problem are you having? These things are a dream when the go right and a pain when they don't.. exactly what did you do and what error messages do you get?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i'm a work and don't have the computer infront of me. I think the error was code 10.

Wait until you get home from work and can answer without guessing.... it will be quicker and less confusing in the long run.

my computer is saying that the disk does not have information about my product. Do you know if there is any other compatable divers?

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Hi ff,

You should start a new thread for a problem. Here is the link for the drivers from Belkin:

http://web.belkin.com/support/downlo...50&lang=1&mode=
    Sergeant WOTPP

For some reason that diver is not working I was wondering if there was another diver that would be compatible with it.