Managed PC Boot Agent

Thread: Managed PC Boot Agent

Managed PC Boot Agent

Working on a PC here that a lady bought from her office, they upgraded, and it was obviously hooked to there network and when you start the machine a, "Managed PC Boot Agent" option would pop up and then would want you to hit H to boot to hard disk so you hit H and it would loop back around, well, figured that out and there was no OS, I figured this would be the case since there not going to sell you a PC with all there info on it, but now what is left when I start is the option to go into "Managed PC Boot Agent" hit control alt B and it goes by it and says hit N to boot to the network and then goes by that and boot's to the OS and my question is can I get rid of the "Managed PC Boot Agent" and the rest and it boot normaly. There are several options within the Boot Agent and I now have it set to tcp/ip.

your google broke?

The quick way - if there is nothing on the hard drive that needs to be kept would be to zero fill the drive using the relevant drive utility
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I read that one but I'm not so sure that is what is causing this to happen. Reason I say that is because the system hasn't even handed it over to the HD yet.( I tested this theroy by pulling the drive out). I believe it has something to do with the NIC adapter and this being integrated into the NIC and a flash of the NIC would be needed to remove it (as per manufacturer) but it's not that much of a bother now and it only adds about 2 sec to the boot time. I do use google a lot. Just getting overwhelmed with work at the moment and thats a good thing and you kind folk here are so helpfull I didn't think you all would mind. Thanks though. Don't bother yourself with it at this point and you can delete this thread if you so wish.
    Last edited by Kodiak; November 2nd, 2005 at 07:58 AM.