Printer Driver Problems
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Printer Driver Problems

Hybrid View

Printer Driver Problems

A fellow MVP Bruce Sanderson has an excellent site here which helps you troubleshoot all sorts of printer problems.

The lexmark printer and printer spool service problem can be found at step 15 in how to clean up printer drivers
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Question re: Win-XP 64-bit drivers

Noo:

You seem like an intelligent individual; perhaps you can enlighten me in a paragraph or two. I'm a sr. LAN/WAN engineer w/ extensive client/server admin & support skills, however, I write no code (and don't even pretend to understand it). So, tell me; "is it really that big of a deal for a developer to update a 32-bit driver into a 64-bit driver?" Because some of these product manufqctuirers are getting on my nerves with the delayed release of 64-bit drivers; they almost seem defiant, as if to say "Damn you, Microsoft, coming out with a 64-bit OS.

I've been running XP-64 since July '05 and I'm still waiting on a Lexmark 7170 printer driver, as wekll as a Happauge TV-Recorder card driver, and any decent 64-bit Webcam. I'm starting to draw the conclusion that product manaufacturers believe that the general public will be very slow ot adopt 64-bit technology.

Your thoughts?

I good teknisshan

Welcome to Windrivers techead...

No idea what the manufacturers are playing at, other than possibly they have the market decided as 32bit is for thin clients, desktops and the like, and 64 bit is for servers and those weirdos that run solaris etc..

I haven't done a survey of linux 64bit drivers... I wonder if they are in the same boat?

Lexmark, however aren't exactly bleeding edge. If you want to have a serious look, then see what 64bit drivers are like for jetdirect/network ready HP printers...?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

i need help with my printer

Talking driver for UMAX ASTRA 4100.UAF printer

Quote Originally Posted by iliana View Post
    i need help with my printer
    I want printer driver to run my UMAX ASTRA 4100 Printer

Welcome to Windrivers iliana

We need a lot more information to help you

What windows are you using?
    What is the printer make and model?
    What is the actual problem with the printer?

I use Windows 98 and have hp T series (t45xi) printer. I need a driver, but driver for windows 98 no longer available from hp. Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by grif; August 13th, 2007 at 12:30 PM.

Grif try this

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...driverid=61738...

You may have to create an account and log in and search for your driver

I need printer Wipro Ex-1050 driver to install in my computer with o/s Windows 2000

Welcome to Windrivers bghunur

This is a standard 136 column dot matrix printer... use the equivalent epson driver supplied with windows. If that doesn't work, use the IBM proprinter driver. The driver for that printer is actually included with XP. I don't have a copy of 2000 to check, but it is likely that the Wipro Ex-1050 is also in windows 2000.

how do i install a hp scanjet 3570c without a installation disk for windows ME

Welcome to Windrivers skootsly69
    There is some stuff here for your printer but it is not complete.

I can't vouch for these drivers here but you can try them.

I have also installed the latest scan and drivers and it is closer to printing now than before. It may be relevant it never shows up in device manager even as an unknown device. thankyou very much

ey there NooNoo!
    I saw a very knowledgable looking post by you in a forum about problems with installing a printer and I made a profile in order to be able to contact you. My EsponDX3850 scanner/printer won't now work with my vista computer. It has done before but recently I always get an error - printing message and epson scan won't open. I've uninstalled it all etc but probably not thoroughly enough, ie in 'safe mode' etc which I am not familiar with. I think I have lost several precious hours of my life over this already. ANY assistance would be greatly massively thankfully appreciated.

Welcome to Windrivers Sheldon

As I said when you emailed me, you need to post what the error message actually is
    Did you try downloading a new driver?