Belkin Sentry Bulldog Software and SP2 ?

Thread: Belkin Sentry Bulldog Software and SP2 ?

Belkin Sentry Bulldog Software and SP2 ?

Hello, there isn't really a category for this. I have a Belkin Regulator Pro Silver Series UPS - Belkin Regulator Pro Silver

I've had this item attached to my PC since 2003 and have a CD, but following reformat,etc, I can't get it to install now, after SP2. A message pops up saying, 'The software you are installing for this hardware Belkin UPS has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system.'

So I downloaded Bulldog Plus Software v3.2.19 from the website here -Belkin Software
    And when I ran that, it said, 'Not a valid Win32 application'.

Yesterday, I filled in one of those online forms on the Belkin site, no reply.

Today, I've phoned a freephone no. for Belkin, listened to pre-recorded women and music, one woman kept saying, 'if you're having problems with SP2, the answer is here -Belkin Support page - I've searched that link and can't find a thing.

I left my phone number on the system and they said we'll call you back within an hour - no-one did! So I've just emailed the Webmaster, asking where the SP2 stuff is.

Any thoughts anyone?

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

Yep, go back to the cd and choose to ignore the warning... it just means that belkin do not have the microsoft logo for that driver... in 99.9% of cases it matters not.

Did you see this?
    Question Bulldog does not detect my UPS; what’s wrong?

Resolution In Windows 2000/XP/2003 disable the built-in UPS service. Do so by opening Power Options in Control Panel, go to the UPS tab and click Select. Select “None” as manufacturer of the UPS, click Finnish and Apply
    Not a valid win32 application can happen if they put a bad file on the server, or it does not download correctly or you use certain download "helpers" or accelerators.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo

Did you see this?

Question Bulldog does not detect my UPS; what’s wrong?

Resolution In Windows 2000/XP/2003 disable the built-in UPS service. Do so by opening Power Options in Control Panel, go to the UPS tab and click Select. Select “None” as manufacturer of the UPS, click Finnish and Apply

Not a valid win32 application can happen if they put a bad file on the server, or it does not download correctly or you use certain download "helpers" or accelerators.
    Thanks, I was beginning to think, 'press the accept button anyway'. Have done so and it's installed ok (see attachment).

But no, I hadn't seen that quote from the site .. I was looking for SP2, as the recorded woman on the phone said the fix was on that page!

I think it must be a fault on the server, because I downloaded it twice .. and don't use accelerators, etc.

Hmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mags; November 7th, 2005 at 06:22 PM.

So all worky worky now?

If you want to, email Belkin webmaster (not support) and tell em the file is corrupt.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yes, all fine now! I even did a 'Shutdown' test and it shut my PC down beautifully.

I did email the Webmaster, mentioned that in my first posting, no reply. But this evening, have had a reply from the 'online form', so have told them all about it .. you can't get much on those forms!