Birthday: US Marine Corps!

Thread: Birthday: US Marine Corps!

Thumbs up Birthday: US Marine Corps!

Oooh Rahhh!!!

General LeJeune's Marine Corps Birthday Message:

On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date, many thousand men have borne the name Marine. In memory of them, it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our Corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of it's existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the nations foes. From the battle of Trenton to the Argonne. Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home. Generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our Corps Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term Marine has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

PS
    In memory of one of WD"s all time great members: teh Ya_k!!!

btw: he and others should be "reinstated" (whether or not they ever post again). They, as old time members did nothing more than most previous and current members of this forum have done (including most moderators). In other words: they should no longer be banned!!
    How about it Rich? A Thanksgiving pardon? Come on now. There should never be a question about how much they cared about WD or the people here...whether good or bad. Ya_know, cleetus, and even freddy. What do you say?
    I for one hate seeing old threads with their input listing them as banned. That was NOT who they were, and that focuses a bad light on not only them, bus WinDrivers as well.
    But, that could be just my opinion.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    They, as old time members did nothing more than most previous and current members of this forum have done (including most moderators).
    Ummmm...........

Something YOU don't understand? Someone who has criticized other regular members for "not having a life" like you did to TechZ for posting soo much? You? Of all people? Someone who left and then came back with their tail between their legs sooo many years ago?
    Someone who has not only trolled, but also put up seven thousand posts in eleven months on a competing site...all while you were a "mod" here? Geesh, I really would like to understand how you all get away with it. Do you want "confused"...well THAT is confused!!!!

The truth is that none of us did anything wrong!!! "Most" of us thought that two sites full of techs could get along, and exist in harmony. BUTTT!!! Some had to go overboard and declare that they wanted to "take down "TOS" if it's the last thing they do". (remember that???) THAT is when I decided that I'd seen enough of that. THAT is when I, for one, realized that this was NOT something I was interested in any longer. THAT is when I asked to have my ID ended at TOS. And I was obliged.
    AND: I am happy for that.
    :butt:

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Hi Pinky..

Let it go..
    Sergeant WOTPP

"Somehow"...I knew you would be the first to reply. Look up sychophant in the dictionary, and it shows MobilePC...
    Geesh dude, get real already.
    BE YOURSELF!!!
    Or, is this really you?

Hang on ... I know I've been 'off sick' for a bit, but just what the hell has started this pooh all up again ?

Btw Trip mostly what Ya_know did was wind folks up, he by his own admission, would say he did little to nothing technically, certainly 'laterly' before he got himself banned thus making him not a 'great member' - now shut the hell up, or at least moan about folks demise, who actually answered some technical stuff

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    It's good to see you using 3 syllable words finally. But at least spell them correctly.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Something YOU don't understand? Someone who has criticized other regular members for "not having a life" like you did to TechZ for posting soo much?
    TechZ and I joke around quite often, anything I said to him about "having a life" was in jest, apparently you misunderstood.

You? Of all people? Someone who left and then came back with their tail between their legs sooo many years ago?
    I stepped down as a mod years ago, yes. I did not, however, come back with my "tails between my legs." I started posting again when I had a job that allowed me free time.

Someone who has not only trolled
    I have not trolled, not at all. As much as you like to throw that word at everybody, I really don't believe you understand what it implies.

but also put up seven thousand posts in eleven months on a competing site...all while you were a "mod" here? Geesh, I really would like to understand how you all get away with it. Do you want "confused"...well THAT is confused!!!!
    You know what Trip? - Besides that "competing" site, I also actively participate in 3 other tech forums as well. What's there to get away with? - I never agreed to post exclusively at one site. - And fyi, over at the "competing site", I may have 7,000 posts, but I'd wager that 99% of them are in the "lounge" forums, so how is that "competing with this site, where I stick primarily outside of the lounge?" - I'm simply socializing with old friends, and I owe nobody an explanation for that.

The truth is that none of us did anything wrong!!! "Most" of us thought that two sites full of techs could get along, and exist in harmony. BUTTT!!! Some had to go overboard and declare that they wanted to "take down "TOS" if it's the last thing they do". (remember that???) THAT is when I decided that I'd seen enough of that. THAT is when I, for one, realized that this was NOT something I was interested in any longer. THAT is when I asked to have my ID ended at TOS. And I was obliged. AND: I am happy for that.
    Right. - Some of us are capable of "co-existing" at multiple sites, some of us aren't. Its up to each person which path they choose. I, for one, chose to remain active at both sites, as I enjoy both.

How about this Trip; why don't we all just agree to let byegones be byegones, and move on with the future. Let each person post here, post there, post everywhere if they like ?
    Last edited by 3fingersalute; November 15th, 2005 at 10:07 AM.

A rule to remember Trip:

Don't drink and post at the same time.

Read your post and found this quote, thought you might like it

Albert Einstein:
    Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Regards. Teeloid

I really like quotes found this one too!

Blaise Pascal:
    We must learn our limits. We are all something, but none of us are everything.

OK, thread closed. Flame wars will not be tolerated!

fyi, as for some of those guys coming back, they have to first show that they want to come back and they must apologize for thier past transgressions. and as another fyi, I really don't see that happening.
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!