Printer Problem

Thread: Printer Problem

Post Printer Problem

I am using a HP Deskjet 820 and I am having a communication problem with the printer.I reinstalled the printer drivers and I get the message that the printer cannot be found. I checked the printer and cable and they work fine. Also tried to reinstall the printer port drivers but nothing seems to work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Red face

I would run my antivirus application first. Make sure you run a thorough check, preferably with an updated boot disk. Don't rely on your normal viruscan.

If this doesn't work or if antivirus shows up clean it could be your system registry. Go into Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Tools>System File checker. Run this tools and follow the prompts.

If this doesn't work I would make sure your printer is checked as the default printer. If not make it so.

IF this doesn't work make sure your printer is plugged in tightly.

IF this doesn't work run Scandisk and System File checker and see if any files are corrupted.

If this doesn't work open your device manager and see if there are any red or yellow dots next to you lpt port. If you don't have a lpt port then it probably isn't enabled in the BIOS. IF this is the case, press F1 while restarting your computer, press F5 click Yes then click F10 to restart.

Hope this helps.
    Bouncy Bouncy

Could you give us a little more to go on, like the hardware (mother board especially) in the system, and the OS your running on it?
    Also has this printer been set up and working on it before?
    Have you un-installed the printer and re ran the setup program that came with it?
    Have you downloaded and tried the latest drivers from HP?
    Also which DeskJet 820 is it the "Cse, or Cxi"?

Question

Has the printer worked correctly in the past?

It could be your printer port is configured as ECP or EPP in the BIOS and the printer or OS is expecting something else.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams