Gateway

Thread: Gateway

Gateway

Does anyone know where I can find a power supply for a Gateway model ATXSTF 700XL? I have done a Google search and not having much luck. Some of the locations I have found not sure whether they are trustworthy or not. Any input would be great since this PS is proprietary. TIA
    It's not the computers that keep having problems, it's the users!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonie
    Does anyone know where I can find a power supply for a Gateway model ATXSTF 700XL? I have done a Google search and not having much luck. Some of the locations I have found not sure whether they are trustworthy or not. Any input would be great since this PS is proprietary. TIA

Do you have the power supply part number and wattage?
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Go to
    http://support.gateway.com/support/d...id=support_top
    type in the serial number of the machine (should be a sticker on the back) and you can get a list of all the components\software that were shipped with that machine.

by proprietary do you mean it's size or main connection to the motherboard? in most cases I don't bother rummaging around looking for a new power supply for the tiny cases. I just move everything to a larger case... saves a lot of problems and usually costs the same...
    HP wanted $120 for one of their little power supplies... I moved the computer to a $60 case with a 300W PS and it was fine after that...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Shard92, The wattage is 250W and this is Part #6500583.

arch0nmyc0n, I would normaly do this however, this power supply has (3) separate connectors attached to the mobo.

Shamus, thank you for the link and found the clients info.

I still need to find a location for the PS since using the google search with part# brings a lot of places I have never heard of and of course Ebay which I would not buy from any ways. I guess the best thing to do is to call Directron and see if they carry a replacement.

Out of curiosity is it possible to post a picture of these connections? just wondering what it looks like
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

zonie check your pm
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

The 700xl's used standard power supplies, they had the standard 20 pin connector, the atx 12v connector (smaller square 4 pin connector) and the auxilary atx connector, thin rectangular connector.
    Click on the link below and it will show the connector, it is the wide thin connector on the bottom right, this is a current supply at Newegg, I bought one for a cheap replacement and it seems to work fine.

NewEgg Pic
    Last edited by Kenteth420; November 19th, 2005 at 04:42 AM.

Most of my power supplies have that on it. Is this what you were looking for Zonie?

Quote Originally Posted by arch0nmyc0n
    Most of my power supplies have that on it. Is this what you were looking for Zonie?

Most P4 capable power supplies used to have the auxilary connector but look at most of the new supplies and not very many seem to have it anymore. I worked as a tech for Gateway for 4 years and have replaced many power supplies, the model# he is looking for had a problem with the fan's dying on them. I also know that any standard supply would fit in his case but he probably has the Monteray motherboard which requires, the standard connector, the 4 pin molex connector, and the auxillary connector.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. Kenteth420, that is exactly what I am hunting for. This is the first Gateway I have run across with this extra connection on it. What is the purpose of this auxillary connection?