Lexmark 7000 printer question

Thread: Lexmark 7000 printer question

Post Lexmark 7000 printer question

Well, WinME is starting to get quirky on me, so I am considering upgrading back to XP Professional. I tried this about 2 months ago and found that my Lexmark 7000 printer would not work (among other things). I contacted Lexmark and was informed that they were not planning on creating XP drivers for this printer. I see that since then, Lexmark has released Win2000 drivers. Does anyone know if these drivers will work with XP?

Sorry to be long worded, felt that a little background may help.
    Dan

Exclamation

Well, when you select the Win2K option from <a href="http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/cgi_l1/cpd_wrap.pl" target="_blank">Lexmark's website</a>, it gives you the option of using the Lexmark Customized driver or using the Unidriver that came with the OS. I would try using the MS Unidriver that comes with WinXP. I know that HP recommends using that for some of their older DeskJets in Win2000...might be worth trying.

Let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Thanks for the info DonJ, I will give that a try. I had planned on the install tonight however, I have been asked to be at work at 5:30am tommorow to prep for black friday... so I guess I will wait until tommorow night for all the fun/headaches... LOL
    I will post an update in the very near future.

Dan

Exclamation

I mispoke in my earlier post...I said that HP has recommended using the MS Unidriver for their older DeskJets...it was actually for their older LaserJets. So, I can't say if it will work or not. Hope it does tho...
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

As I shuffled through a box of old floppies, I found these 2 Lexmark 7000-NT disks. I thought about it for a minute and figured "what the heck". I hooked up the good ol 7000 printer, booted up and ran the NT setup from the floppies... what do ya know, it worked......

just in case anybody had the same situation.

Dan