Pioneer DVD ROM

Thread: Pioneer DVD ROM

Angry Pioneer DVD ROM

Pioneer DVD ROM 104S won't recognize DVDs. It says they aren't there or that it can't read them. Then spitts them out. I tried to install new drivers but my comp insists on windows CD driver files. The rom plays cds and games just great. So whats up?? Please help!!!
    Last edited by pappysmurf; November 17th, 2005 at 10:08 AM. Reason: incorrect information

Hi pappysmurf welcome to windrivers , those other smurfs no good with 'technical whatsits' ? I'd have thought 'brainy' would've known that :-
    Microsoft® Windows® operating systems include built-in support for DVD devices, with driver support under the Windows Driver Model (WDM).
    from here

Can I/we have the exact error messages & a note of the o/s ?(also any service packs applied).

Btw as I'm confus-ed can you explain to me just how a dvd rom is managing to burn cdr's ?

OK I goofed it doesn't burn.It's been a while since since I burnt anything and I got my drives mixed up.My cd rom doesn't see DVD.My DVD rom just clicks and spits them out. O/S win98SE on AMD Athlon 800.Nero burning Rom 5,5,9,9 Only message is "device not ready".

Ah right 'just' a dvd rom then & a bit of confus-ed-ness from someone else & not me for a change

How technical are you papasmurf ? If this were me, first thing I'd do is whip out the dvd rom & go & try it another computer to make sure it played DVD's there (there's no other practical method, sadly) & then start thinking about software settings that might affect matters..

Pioneer problem resolved...I removed it. It seems that this is a common sittuation There's a class action suite filed in multiple states against Pioneer for DVD-Roms that dont function properly from 1997 to 2004.

Cool

well i have the same one you do, you can get a cd to fix the problem the shiped it for free in two days If you want it go here http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...0918016381.htm.
    But i found out that it was something else. Can it play dvds at all?