Outlook 03 and OWA not in sync

Thread: Outlook 03 and OWA not in sync

Outlook 03 and OWA not in sync

Has anyone using server 03, exchange 03 and outlook 03, seen where deleting stuff from outlook (while connected to exchange on a local network) sometimes won't really clear it from exchange? There have been more than a couple people that have had to go into OWA and clear stuff off of web-based before the mail is really removed from their information store.

I have tried running the cleanup agent and waited the standard week or 2 but nothing I can find is telling me why outlook and OWA won't stay in sync.

If anyone has seen this I would love to know of any solutions that have worked.

As always, thanks for any and all suggestions.

Miq

Quote Originally Posted by Miq
    Has anyone using server 03, exchange 03 and outlook 03, seen where deleting stuff from outlook (while connected to exchange on a local network) sometimes won't really clear it from exchange? There have been more than a couple people that have had to go into OWA and clear stuff off of web-based before the mail is really removed from their information store.

I have tried running the cleanup agent and waited the standard week or 2 but nothing I can find is telling me why outlook and OWA won't stay in sync.

If anyone has seen this I would love to know of any solutions that have worked.

As always, thanks for any and all suggestions.

Miq
    Are you using cached Exchange mode for the users Outlook on the pc's?

When you empty the deleted items folder in Outlook do the deleted items still show up there as well as in OWA?

emr

Some are using cached and some are not. Also even after emptying the deleted folder the old stuff is still showing in OWA.

Some are using cached and some are not. Also even after emptying the deleted folder the old stuff is still showing in OWA.
    Ok, but after emptying the deleted items in Outlook on the pc's is it showing up in deleted items on the pc's or just in OWA?

emr

After clearing deleted in outlook, the items still show in the inbox (not deleted but inbox) in OWA and are still counted on their mailbox size in system manager. Outlook shows the files as gone (not in inbox, deleted, nothing).

After clearing deleted in outlook, the items still show in the inbox (not deleted but inbox) in OWA and are still counted on their mailbox size in system manager. Outlook shows the files as gone (not in inbox, deleted, nothing).
    So what you are saying is that when you move items from Inbox to Deleted Items in Outlook they don't go to Deleted Items in OWA at all?

That is very strange indeed!

Is this a single Exchange server set up? There is no replication between servers with OWA being hosted on a second server for example?

emr

Exactly. It doesn't do it to everyone, just like 10 out of around 150. We only have 1 exchange server.

The only real reason why I noticed this in the first place is that we are about to impliment limits on mailbox sizes and we had people cleaning out their ancient junk. Well people would clean, empty sent and deleted (I checked behind them) but the file sizes never changed. Log on OWA and shabam, there they all were.