UPDATES: Battlefield 2/Special Forces patch v1.12
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UPDATES: Battlefield 2/Special Forces patch v1.12

UPDATES: Battlefield 2/Special Forces patch v1.12

As promised, Electronic Arts has released a new patch (281MB) for Battlefield 2, bringing the 3D multiplayer action game by Digital Illusions (and its Special Forces expansion) to version 1.12. This patch insures multiplayer compatibility between original game and add-on.

Mirrors: 3DGamers, FileShack, VGPro.

- If you have installed the 1.12 patch to core Battlefield 2 and then installed Battlefield 2: Special Forces, you will need to re-apply the 1.12 patch again to be able to play on 1.12 Servers.

BUG FIXES
    - Fixed a crash when users switch weapons using the mouse wheel while piloting a bomber (SU-34, F-15 and J10) in core BF2 maps.
    - Removed the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line from kits from "The Iron Gator" map.
    - Fixed single player loading screens to match map selection image.
    - Fixed an issue in the menus so that users can click on BF2:SF ribbons to view the descriptions.
    - Fixed an issue in the Browser so that BF2:SF servers are now represented with a green "2" icon.
    - Global improvement of collision detection on the Grappling Hook and the Zip Line.
    - Fixed damage state artillery icon on the 3d map when an artillery is destroyed.
    Here's the updated Linux unranked server v1.12 (~ 199MB) for Battlefield 2 and its Special Forces expansion pack As before, this release adds support for the eight new maps in the expansion along with addressing a handful of bugs.

Mirrors: 3DGamers, FileFront, VGPro, and WP.

It feels like christmas
    THE KEY TO HAPPINESS
    If you can guess what it makes then your life shall be filled with happiness and your stomach filled with joy

INGREDIENTS:
    * 5 pounds red potatoes* 6 eggs*2 cups mayonnaise
    * 1 onion, diced* 2 green onions, thinly sliced
    * 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and diced
    * 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced* 2 teaspoons salt
    * 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

what an addictive game...

installed patch lastnight and game froze twice on startup so i kicked the pc and went to bed crying

AAAARGH!!!!

EA Downloader Bug

The official Battlefield 2 website has news on some problems that have happened to a few of the people who have downloaded the full version of the Battlefield 2: Special Forces expansion pack through EA's Downloader.

We have discovered (as some of you have) an installation problem with a limited number of EA gamers who downloaded Battlefield 2: Special Forces through EA's Downloader. If your account is affected, you will see the following error when you try to install the expansion pack:

"BF2CDKeyCheck.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    We apologize for this problem and are working quickly to resolve it. We will contact the gamers affected by this issue via email later today with a solution.

I am having the same problems with that error coming up and i have a hard copy which I bought today. its just that the only time it happens is when I try to install the 1.12 patch after I installed special forces, it didnt happen when i installed it onto the core BF2 before I had special forces. what is the problem?

Welcome to the forums Chrispy.

There has been alot of problems with this latest patch of BF2, could you give us the exact steps you take to install the patch, and also what is the error message (along with OS, and computer details).

Ok. I am also having this problem. Here's the full story.

My computer has the right specs. Over 1 gig of ram. 6600 gt video card. blah blah blah. Im running windows xp pro.

I origionally installed bf2 and ran it perfectly. I tried to patch it and it crashed to desktop when i tried to load it. I mean, RIGHT before you start to see the ea games logo and crap..it crashes. So i uninstalled and reinstalled from the cd..and left it at that. Now i got SF and obviously it patches it. after the install i restarted computer and then installed v 1.12 patch ( i think that's it. the patch you have to "reinstall" after your SF install). Now neither one of them will work. Same problem for both BF2 and SF. I have been to like 9 different forums and NOBODY has a clue what's wrong. I will gladly give any of the info I can....just ask me for it.

~Dave

well Dave, you've tried alot of stuff already, how about latest nVidia drivers? Also what error logs does the game leave in its folder? Maybe that will give you an idea as to why its crashing.

there have been alot of probs with patch 1.12 i myself had teh prob but it turns out my DL had corrputed but SPec Ops is amazing. The grappling hook is a very nice add.
    THE KEY TO HAPPINESS
    If you can guess what it makes then your life shall be filled with happiness and your stomach filled with joy

INGREDIENTS:

OK if your like me and a lot of others when you tried to install the new BF2 update and it either said
    You need at least 30 gigs of freespace to install this patch
    or
    Patching failed.
    I found a fix for it but its a little weird but it does work.
    Here is what ya do
    1: Start Run type %temp% Hit enter and then clear out that folder. Close that window
    2: Start the patch installing and wait for it to either fail or not enuff freespace.
    DO NOT CLOSE THE PATCH ERROR. Leave it sit there
    3: Start Run type %temp% Hit enter
    Now find the DISK1 folder. Its there somewhere inside one of the new folders that just got made.
    4: Copy it to yer desktop. Now you can finish or close the patch failed error box
    5: Inside disk 1 is Patch.RTP and Patch.RTD. Copy those to your main BF2 folder wherever it is.
    9: Go inside the Diisk1 folder on your desktop and run setup. Takes a few minutes Like 5 but it does work i did it tonight
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    OK if your like me and a lot of others when you tried to install the new BF2 update and it either said
    You need at least 30 gigs of freespace to install this patch
    or
    Patching failed.
    I found a fix for it but its a little weird but it does work.
    Here is what ya do
    1: Start Run type %temp% Hit enter and then clear out that folder. Close that window
    2: Start the patch installing and wait for it to either fail or not enuff freespace.
    DO NOT CLOSE THE PATCH ERROR. Leave it sit there
    3: Start Run type %temp% Hit enter
    Now find the DISK1 folder. Its there somewhere inside one of the new folders that just got made.
    4: Copy it to yer desktop. Now you can finish or close the patch failed error box
    5: Inside disk 1 is Patch.RTP and Patch.RTD. Copy those to your main BF2 folder wherever it is.
    9: Go inside the Diisk1 folder on your desktop and run setup. Takes a few minutes Like 5 but it does work i did it tonight
    Wow, thats alot of BS.

I am so glad EA rushed SF out instead of fixing the game with a patch that works.

Well the good news is if I buy and install the Special Forces addon I will need to do it all again.
    FUN FUN FUN
    Hey EA Games KMA
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Well the good news is if I buy and install the Special Forces addon I will need to do it all again.
    FUN FUN FUN
    Hey EA Games KMA
    LMAO

i just love the occasional red 'enemy' nametag glitch.
    ''hey , he's red, i'll shoot this damn enemy. EAT LEAD BOON!!!''

''parismouton, you have been kicked for TK'ing''

and ever since this update, game crashes to desktop every 20mins.

quality product

Yeah the 1.12 patch SF gives you doesnt work lol you have to re patch it.
    THE KEY TO HAPPINESS

INGREDIENTS: