Should one feel excited about exams?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should one feel excited about exams?

Should one feel excited about exams?

A friend says it shows a warped mind if I am looking forward taking an exam? I have revised my way of thinking so that the whole thing is an adventure so am I warped or what?

Being excited about the exam certainly doesn't make you warped! You are about to achieve a career milestone which will validate your many hours of study and open paths to new and higher income levels.

However, pinning your eyelids to your eyebrows because you're so excited you just can't stand to sleep would.

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    You just sound prepared to me.

Thanks for the replies. BTW I am a retired person doing this for my own self advancement.

I was feeling calm until just now when my booking arrived in my mailbox, now I am shaking like a leaf and feel tearful, is this normal? This is my first MS Exam.

Normal adrenalin reaction, I'd say.

Looking forward to something like this, but with a little trepidation, sounds fine to me...

Good luck & best wishes.

Best of Luck.

Hey, relax! Any MS exam, State Insurance Board test, etc. is never as bad as you expect. I've lost count of the certification tests I've done. FCC, whatever! It's great you doing this just because you want to. You'll do fine.

You say you have done FCC Test slgrieb so you're a ham too like me? I remember when I did my ticket in 1986 I was terrified and quite sure I would fail and everyone thought so too because I was self taught. However I passed first time and taught myself morse and passed that and have held the UK most advanced ticket since 1987.

I'm trying to listen to Beethoven and keep calm but now I cannot bear the thought of failing, I have to pass this!

Thanks for your good wishes guys!

G0HGA
    Last edited by MorseLady; December 6th, 2005 at 02:21 PM.

The exam is today 2pm GMT and I feel very nervous indeed. Woke with a headache and shower has not helped much. I am in panic mode - HELP

Too late for panic NOW ! (about 3 & 1/2 hours left for you to get on with any panicing as I post, & I only ever found that particular emotion helpful, if occured when I had time to do something about it, so I'd try & hang onto that 'looking forward' feeling as long as you can - 'cos it'll be here soon ! )

I think all that can help at this point is some luck & you deserve some, so good luck

Thanks Confus-ed. I think I am panicking just as much about being shut in a room for nearly three hours as I suffer from claustrophobia but I have asked to be placed where I can look out of the window.

The exams are not popular at our local College and few pass but the only other candidate today just happens to be our trainer who is updating something. I have to pass because he passes all his exams first time(he is CISCO and MCSE as well as having trainer certs for both). I cannot bear to even think of failing but of course I know I will.

I just wish it was time to leave home now and get it over. Might leave early and do some window shopping - good idea or not?

Anthing that can relax you a bit at this point, is probably good , my last exam was preceeded by two double Jack Daniels !

I could break open the Harveys Bristol but will save that to celebrate if I pass and commiserate if I fail

Off in less than an hour, see you all later with or without MCP

Unhappy

I did my best with a headache the whole time but only managed 474 out of 1000 with pass mark 700. but I have not been on an XP course nor did I have any complete test preps, just demos and although I tried to be positive I knew after the first few questions that I was out of my depth. My W2K Server and Server 2003 course instructor has been very helpful and supportive and says I can have another go soon or after Christmas as the College have plenty of vouchers. Apparently not everyone does the exams and he was impressed that I did at least try. He has given me a copy of simulations of both the MCP XP exams and after discussing my options I have decided to concentrate on working towards PASSING the XP exam before deciding on what course to do next.

It was a very interesting, enjoyable and valuable experience and it has motivated me and given me some idea of direction. I will not be scared next time, today I went to pieces on the way to the College and whilst waiting in the Foyer but I did calm down once I was seated and chatting with the Administrator and my old teacher whilst the exams were being downloaded and set up. I am glad I tried

Quote Originally Posted by MorseLady
    ..It was a very interesting, enjoyable and valuable experience and it has motivated me and given me some idea of direction. I will not be scared next time..
    Good ! .. 474 isn't so bad considering how you felt & how worked up you got & that you knew you hadn't really done enough simulations & mock exams in the first place & thus turned up expecting failure .. However I'm most glad to see you've taken a positive spin from it all ..