Problems with wireless mouse

Thread: Problems with wireless mouse

Problems with wireless mouse

Hello! I have a Microsoft Optical Wireless Mouse that is having serious issues. It works for the most part, meaning the little mouse pointer will travel anywhere on the screen that you tell it, but the buttons are not working correctly. When you click something, nothing happens, but if you click and hold and drag the mouse just a tiny bit, it recognizes that you've pushed the button. The wheel has the same problem. When you roll it, it works fine, but if you click the wheel, you have to drag the mouse just a tiny bit to get the little arrow compass to appear.

I've tried changing the batteries, I've tried changing channels, I tried holding the reset button on the mouse and the receiver at the same time, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, I've changed ports, I've tried adjusting the mouse settings, I've tried navigating the Microsoft troubleshooter, and now I've run out of ideas. Anybody got anything??
    Last edited by mirandalea; December 7th, 2005 at 11:35 AM.

silmilar probs

im having a similar problem with the microsoft mouse, in my case it works fine for a few minutes then problems start. when i leave the mouse still for a few seconds and then try to move it the pointer wont budge, i have to click a button for it to move again. i wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. in your case i would observe the lighting at the back of the mouse, if it is very faint when you press the button it is a problem with the mouse itself and not with the receiver or anything else.

We are having the exact same problem here in our company.
    We have purchased more than 10 microsoft wireless optical mouses (various types) and all have this same problem, clicks do not work.

It happens randomly and it gets worse as time passes.

The major problem is that we cannot return them because the retail vendor cannot confirm the problem.

Has anyone found resources at microsoft regarding this issue?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122/en-us

That's all MS has to say about the matter ...

in short:
    * uninstall any mouse driver / application
    * delete anything related with a mouse driver from the registry
    * Install intellimouse software

yea right

I used to have the same problem as all the posters untill I moved the receiver closer to the mouse. It is irratic at about 2' and some times closer.

Quote Originally Posted by jpgalea
    im having a similar problem with the microsoft mouse, in my case it works fine for a few minutes then problems start. when i leave the mouse still for a few seconds and then try to move it the pointer wont budge, i have to click a button for it to move again. i wonder if anyone has experienced this problem. in your case i would observe the lighting at the back of the mouse, if it is very faint when you press the button it is a problem with the mouse itself and not with the receiver or anything else.
    I had the same exact problem so I threw mine in the trash and now
    have a logitech wireless Which is working perfectly.

Has anyone tried NOT installing the supplied drivers and running with the XP HID device drivers? I use my MX1000 Logitech with those and it works fine.