K8N NEO2 and NEO4 USB Prob

Thread: K8N NEO2 and NEO4 USB Prob

K8N NEO2 and NEO4 USB Prob

I have made PC's with both these board and for some reason if there is a usb external or a jump drive plugged in it will try to boot to it or just freeze. Looked around in the bios but I see nothing that stops it other then shutting of the usb controller and then no usb works. Em I missing something somewhere in the bios. Thank for any help.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    have you looked for bios updates that may remedy the issue?

also, maybe just change your boot order so its not attempting to boot to external devices before the HD

I have and no updates available for this issue but I did go ahead and update mine just because I like to keep mine up to date and it didn't help any.

EDIT: There is also one more issue with the NEO2 and that is that when I install Norton Ghost 9.0 it starts to have a shut dpwn reboot problem. It will get to the "windows is shutting down" screen and just freeze there and no amount of time can pass before it will reboot or shut down. This only occur's after an installation of sofware after Norton is installed. It will reboot fine if you have not installed anything. This has been confirmed with complete OS reinstalls just to see if I did something wrong and it happens only after Norton has been installed. Not sure on the NEO4 board as it's not mine.
    Last edited by Kodiak; December 16th, 2005 at 02:01 PM.