Epson Stylus Color 800 printer

Thread: Epson Stylus Color 800 printer

Post Epson Stylus Color 800 printer

I am unable to get my printer to print using the 800 driver for this printer. I have downloaded the updated driver and installed it but still no luck. I recently installed a Linksys router to connect my two computers to my cable high speed internet. I know this should have nothing to do with my printer but............... What happens is when I try to print a document, the document is queue and never prints. The queue window says the printer is idle, queue and hold are not checked. Also I do not have file sharing and printer sharing enabled. I have checked and even reconfigured my printer port LPT1. I have the printer directly connected to my computer with a 6' printer cable.

I can print using other drivers for different model Epson printers but these don't have the same features as the 800 printer driver (color management & Utility). I am unable to see how many pages are being printed or check the ink levels in my printer.

I have contacted Epson and they keep telling me to download the latest driver and install. This I have done.

I hope someone out there has some ideas on what my problem could be. Thanks.

Here's a small checklist for you:

1. Check the settings for the parallel port under BIOS. Set it to Normal or SPP if you have to.
    2. Check both ink-cartridges. They have to be clean, not empty and the head has to be OK too. Replace them if you have to.
    3. Remove anything related to this printer (software, drivers, ports on the Device Manager etc.) and reboot the machine. Then reinstall it.
    4. Try to print under DOS. Use the following command sans quotes "dir >lpt1". If the printer is working, then the problem is probably related to the Windows drivers.

When done, tell us what happens.

Good luck!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I have tried all the suggestions you gave me, however the problem does not appear to be with the printer itself. My printer will print using my Epson 800 printer using a number of drivers intended for other Epson printers. However, my printer will not print using the correct driver for the Epson 800 printer. I have tried deleting my printer and reinstalling it and also downloaded the newest driver Epson 800 driver from Epson and installed this. This did not work.
    I also deleted presently installed driver for the Epson 800 printer and installed the driver from the win98 SE CD, but this also did not work?

It seem that something on my system does not like the Epson 800 driver, but will print using a number of other drivers not intended for this printer. I would like to be able to print using the correct driver since I have the ability to see how many pages are being printed and the ink level with the correct one. That is when it was working.

I hope someone has some other ideas.

Unhappy Idle Epson

Have you ever found a solution to your idle printer problem? I am experiencing the same thing. Is it just time to buy a new printer?

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kczul
    I am unable to get my printer to print using the 800 driver for this printer. I have downloaded the updated driver and installed it but still no luck. I recently installed a Linksys router to connect my two computers to my cable high speed internet. I know this should have nothing to do with my printer but............... What happens is when I try to print a document, the document is queue and never prints. The queue window says the printer is idle, queue and hold are not checked. Also I do not have file sharing and printer sharing enabled. I have checked and even reconfigured my printer port LPT1. I have the printer directly connected to my computer with a 6' printer cable.

I can print using other drivers for different model Epson printers but these don't have the same features as the 800 printer driver (color management & Utility). I am unable to see how many pages are being printed or check the ink levels in my printer.

I have contacted Epson and they keep telling me to download the latest driver and install. This I have done.

I hope someone out there has some ideas on what my problem could be. Thanks.

Welcome to Windrivers GLismith

Could you state the problem you have as it is unlikely to be exactly the same thing... especially the hardware is likely to be different.

What windows and what driver version are you using?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

From Epson's website. As you can see, they only supply drivers for MSDOS applications for the Stylus 800. As NooNoo asked above, which version of Windows are you using?

You might also check out the manuals for your Stylus 800. They just might have some good valuable info in there that you're missing.

Hope this helps out...Good Luck!

Cool Thanks folks...

The printer is actually a friend's and she is desperate. The OS is ME (eeks) and Epson's website was not helpful, but a good idea, and the drivers are the latest downloads. I have reinstalled the printer using the original CD from Epson. Then uninstalled the printer and reinstalled with brand new drivers... still get the same annoying message that the printer is idle. It may just be time for a new printer.

Thanks for all the suggestions and any new ideas are welcome.

MJ

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    From Epson's website. As you can see, they only supply drivers for MSDOS applications for the Stylus 800. As NooNoo asked above, which version of Windows are you using?

You might also check out the manuals for your Stylus 800. They just might have some good valuable info in there that you're missing.

Hope this helps out...Good Luck!

Can you get it even print out a Self Test from the Printers Properties? Have you tried a new parallel cable? Have you tried changing the settings of your LPT port? Did you look at the Manuals for any info?

Just a couple more suggestion. Keep at it.

Sometimes cleaning/aligning the printer heads does the trick. Try that
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Unhappy

The answers to your questions are No, Yes, Yes, and Yes... I am at the end of my rope with this darn printer and the knot has slipped out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ
    Can you get it even print out a Self Test from the Printers Properties? Have you tried a new parallel cable? Have you tried changing the settings of your LPT port? Did you look at the Manuals for any info?

Just a couple more suggestion. Keep at it.