need system restoration disk for Gateway Solo 9300 VE

Thread: need system restoration disk for Gateway Solo 9300 VE

need system restoration disk for Gateway Solo 9300 VE

I am trying to locate a copy or original system restoration CD (part number 9507951) for a Gateway Solo 9300 VE (running windows 2000). Gateway tech support says that they no longer produce these cds, and I've been unable to locate one on e-bay or elsewhere. Usually these cds are shipped with a new system, but in my case the laptop is a replacement system for my old Solo 9150 and was provided without this cd. My pentium III laptop is killing batteries and I really need the speedstep applet. Apparently the only place that you can get this applet is from the OEM. Any ideas/suggestions where I can obtain this driver/cd?

Are the settings in the BIOS set up for speedstep? I thought Windows 2000/Xp had built in support for speedstep processors providing the BIOS settings were set.

What do you mean by killing batteries? How much time are you getting out of them. It could also mean the battery itself is going bad or something.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I've heard that WinXP has built in speedstep drivers/support, but I don't believe that Window 2000 does. Actually there are directions on gateway's website on how to restore the speedstep applet from this cd, so it must not be pre-installed

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...0720su19.shtml

At any rate, the BIOS that I have (PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0) supports speedstep (and it was working properly at one time -- before I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows 2000).

Since I've installed Windows 2000, I have gone through two batteries (battery will not charge/hold a charge). This latest one may have lasted a month.

Are these brand new batteries? Because batteries not holding charge or not charging should have nothing to do with the speedstep. It sounds like there may be an underlying problem with the computer. Maybe an I/O board or the motherboard itself killing the batteries. Or a bad power adaptor. Have you checked Intel.com for a speedstep applet? I thought the speedstep drivers were pretty generic, but I am not sure.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Most of the laptop use the same intel speedstep program file, ( Gateway, HP, Dell ) I know Dell will work on a Solo 5300, and 9300, not sure about 9300ve theo, Dell's file name is "R41320.exe" its a self extracting file. Might be what you need.
    Last edited by Sly; December 26th, 2005 at 03:12 PM. Reason: just forgot to add a few things
    "More Than Merely Names"
    "NEVER FORGOTTEN"