HP T45 on Peer to Peer with XP & ME

Thread: HP T45 on Peer to Peer with XP & ME

Cool HP T45 on Peer to Peer with XP & ME

Hey Gang,

I have a client that runs a 5 workstation peer-to-peer network. The setup is a little complicated because his business software requires peer-to-peer. Anyway, here is the problem. The whole network was cruising along nicely running Windows ME. File sharing, data merging, and printer sharing working perfectly. The owner decides he wants to test drive Windows XP Prof, so he loads it on one of the workstations. The XP machine now sees the network ok, but it cannot print to the HP OfficeJet T45 printer that is attached to one of the ME workstations. Worse yet, is that apparently it threw a wrench into the print spooler because one of the other ME workstations can no longer print to that printer either. Whats weird is that the other 3 workstations can.

How can I make this setup work?? One of you guys with the high IQ's should be able to help me

Thanks in advance
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!

Talking

[quote]Originally posted by WildTech:
    <strong> One of you guys with the high IQ's should be able to help me </strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL...that's a good one. I'm still laughing...

Anyway, I take it you've already looked at <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/all_in_one/software/ojT_ENU_xp1305.exe.html" target="_blank">HP OfficeJet T Series All-in-One Driver for WinXP</a>. As you can see, it's a pretty hefty file to download.

Also, go here to read up on <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/multifunction/support_doc/bpu02647.html" target="_blank">Officejet T Series All-in-One - Sharing Printing Over a Microsoft (R) Windows Network</a>. You will notice that it says that this is supported only under Win98...oh well, minor details.

And, go here for <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/multifunction/support_doc/bpu01852.html" target="_blank">HP Officejet 700 and T Series, Microsoft (R) Windows XP Information</a>.

Let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Thanks for the speedy reply. Its all those extra brain cells that make you so fast.

All good suggestions, but unfortunaltely------------been there done that!

It seems that my ME machines are not playing nice with the XP system. I think I'm gonna dump the XP and just try to get things running again until the boss can decide which operating system he wants to go with.

Thanks again
    WildTech

Well, as I suspected, removing XP from the one workstation cured the problem. I did have to load ME over the top of the 2nd work station that developed printing problems. I assume it had some corrupted files because it was generating spooler errors everytime we attempted to print.

All works fine now. Thanks for the help
    WildTech