what's difference between dlink and linksys wireless router?

Thread: what's difference between dlink and linksys wireless router?

what's difference between dlink and linksys wireless router?

what is the difference between the dlink DL524 and linksys WRT54G router?

i know that linksys is router with 4 port switch and access point, what about dlink?

i had used linksys wireless router before and can share printer file and internet, what about dlink, can it do the same thing too?

If there is not a huge price difference, I would stick with the Linksys router.

People, whom I know, who work for ISPs (DSL and cable) annecdotally report far few modem compatibility problems with Linksys routers than with any other brand.

Vendors, whom I know, annectdotally report far fewer returns for Linksys routers than any other brand.

Both the Dlink DL 524 and Linksys WRT54G have common features:

-Router function
    -4-Port Switch
    -Wifi AP

But the Linksys WRT54G has 1 feature the Dlink DL 524 doesnt:

-ADSL Modem Built-In

Quote Originally Posted by TechZ
    Both the Dlink DL 524 and Linksys WRT54G have common features:

-Router function
    -4-Port Switch
    -Wifi AP

But the Linksys WRT54G has 1 feature the Dlink DL 524 doesnt:

-ADSL Modem Built-In
    My office is using Linksys WRT54G, it does not have ADSL modem built-in?

also i am looking at the BLANC router, how is that compare to the both above?

The WRT54G has been updated several times over the years, and it comes with either the DSL or Cable modem feature.

The Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router is really three devices in one box. First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect Wireless-G or Wireless-B devices to the network. There's also a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices. Connect four PCs directly, or daisy-chain out to more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection. To protect your data and privacy, the Wireless-G Broadband Router can encrypt all wireless transmissions. The Router can serve as a DHCP Server, has NAT technology to protect against Internet intruders, supports VPN pass-through, and can be configured to filter internal users' access to the Internet. Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
    I've never used/heard of BLANC routers, so I dont have any idea about them.

Do NOT GET THE D-LINK. It Sucks big time and rarely works. It's slow, prone to failures and is not (at this time) supported by D-Link UK.

I agree with NevTheTech. I recommended a friend to buy the Dlink 524 and thought it would be normal to set up. We can’t even get into that router!! I have a thread on it just after this one….