Drivers for Vista CTP Dec.

Thread: Drivers for Vista CTP Dec.

Drivers for Vista CTP Dec.

I recently installed the CTP Dec. version of Win. Vista on my external HD, and I need to get drivers for my modem (agere systems pci soft modem) and my onboard audio (Realtek AC'97 audio). Does anyone know where I can find these drivers? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by handduet
    I recently installed the CTP Dec. version of Win. Vista on my external HD, and I need to get drivers for my modem (agere systems pci soft modem) and my onboard audio (Realtek AC'97 audio). Does anyone know where I can find these drivers? Thanks
    I haven't played much with Vista. Have you tried the XP version of the drivers?

May work.

Realtek don't appear to have any Vista drivers out yet for the AC'97; neither do Agere (or I'm missing them if they do).

emr

Try the latest Realtek Drivers
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

1 - The Agere internal modem has some trouble when being detected, but after some reboots it worked automagically.
    from: http://www.sqljunkies.com/WebLog/gux/archive/2005/08/09/16377.aspx

Maybe the latest Agere drivers will work:
    http://www.agere.com/entnet/modem_drivers.html

Finding the right drivers for an ac97 codec is bad enough if they supposedly supported the thing in the first place under an o/s such as 98 or xp - getting drivers out of manufacturers for what might be considered legacy, under vista, is even tougher most especially since M$ haven't got directx for vista 'just so' yet by quite a long way, so even when/if you do find supposedly the right drivers, you may still end up getting BSOD's or instability(& no doubt that all goes for your modem too).

Personally at the minute, while testing Vista, I'm taking the attitude that if windows doesn't find a driver straight off during setup, that's it - I'm looking no further, as when I have (finally) managed to track some drivers previously, I've usually discovered some knock on problem from those.

Good luck with it though, I'm quite happy to be proved wrong on my outlook at the minute

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help. The updated audio drivers online worked just fine, but the modem ones didn't; however the original XP drivers ended up working just fine when I updated them through the device manager.

I have worked with Vista 5231 and the sound of my motherboard doesn't work automatically. So I inserted the ASRock mainboard CD and Vista found the sound driver!

In Vista 5270 - English and German version - the same problem: first no sound....
    Also the mainboard does not bring help ... at the beginning.

So I told Vista to search at the parallel always installed Vista 5231 folders SYSTEM32/drivers and /inf and the mainboard CD in my DVD/CD drive...and at least I was able to get the sound working!

Greetings from Germany
    Manfred

I need drivers for windows Vista for P4S5A/DX+ ?