IPod issues w/ IE

Thread: IPod issues w/ IE

Question IPod issues w/ IE

Good Afternoon,
    A friend of mine reciently recieved an Ipod and began to have computer issues. It is a Dell about 1 year old with Windows XP Home. The computer wouldn't shut down and was experiencing other misc. issues. I uninstalled ITunes and IPod and reinstalled with latest versions from the Apple site. It appeared to fix those issues. There was an app called ccAPP that was hanging the machine @ shutdown, so I disabled it from startup and the machine worked as normal. They later found out that they couldn't get to their Yahoo! or MSN mail due to IE privacy setting of Block All Cookies. They set it back to Meduim High, and then were able to access their mail. That night, they hooked up the IPod to charge via USB, and the next day the shutdown issues were back. I scanned for spyware and viruses, removed some spyware and no viruses were found. Has anyone had any experience with this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Sooouuuushi!

ccapp.exe is normally a Norton AV process. It is known for causing shutdown issues. MS KB article talks about it. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831431

ccapp is also a process used by some spyware however! So if you don't have Norton on that machine I would be doing a good spyware scan.

emr

Interesting article. They are running NAV on their machine. Has anyone ever had issues between Norton and iPod/iTunes? I am not sure, but I have a feeling that those two aren't playing nice together and that is what is causing the issue.
    Sooouuuushi!

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Interesting article. They are running NAV on their machine. Has anyone ever had issues between Norton and iPod/iTunes? I am not sure, but I have a feeling that those two aren't playing nice together and that is what is causing the issue.
    Only support a couple of machines with an iPod on them and none are running Norton so can't help there.

Found this. http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...05080308015634

It is OS X related but if it does it on Mac I'm sure Symantec will share the functionality with MS products too.

emr