Ask Stalemate - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Stalemate

Will there ever be a DVI interface for the LCD snowshovel or will it always be limited to VGA and S-Video?

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!

Why are dwarves in video games always Scottish?

Kinda hectic a work right now so I'll try to answer these as soon as I can wind down a bit.

Keep 'em coming!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Why do fools fall in love?
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Why do time limited email offers only get sent while you have no access to your email?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Why, not matter how hard and how long the wife nags at me to get rid of all that old crap, can I never bring myself to throw away my old Asus P2B 440BX board and its PIII 600 Katmai slot 1 proc? I mean I just tossed an old Gibabyte board with an Athlon 600 slot A proc, and it even had a pimped thermaltake Golden Orb heat seat and fan - nary a tear shed. Then I popped that next case to see what was inside and there it was - the P2B.

And even historical critical revision such as Hardware Blog Spot's slagging of the board does not move me to toss it.

Hardware Blog Spot slags the P2B

Oh you need one 440bx board as a test bed... you wouldn't believe how many of them are still in use out there... and there are so many great dos games which need sb16 on irq 5 or 7 - something you don't get with this new fangled stuff. I run one old 3.1/98 machine (yep dual booted) just in case we want to play Kings Quest or Simon or something.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Well, I'm thinkin' that if Noo can hijack this thread, why should she have all the fun. So:

House, there will never be a DVI interface for the LCD snow shovel. Global warming is shrinking the LCD snow shovel market, making the development costs unattractive compared to throwing the neighbor's kid a few bucks to do the work for you. Also, dwarves are always Scottish because the Scots speak with a burr, and dwarves, like hobbits, live in burrs in the ground. If you speak Texan, this is easier to understand.

amyb, fools fall in love for the same reason they do anything foolish. They are fools.

Niclo, is that the airspeed of an African, or a European swallow?

Noo, the offers always expire because they're fake. Read the disclaimers. "Offer good while supplies last." just ensures that supplies ran out right before you responded, even if you did it within the time limit. See also, "Our servers are temporarily down for routine maintenance, check back next year."

House, you keep that 440BX because when you drink too much, you get maudlin. But its cool man, 'cause like, I miss the Armadillo. http://www.armadilloworldheadquarters.com/awhq.htm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armadil...d_Headquarters

Moving forward:
    Dear Stalemate; Why is it that whenever your cat eats something like a 3 foot piece of gold Christmas tinsel, you always find him running around with like a foot trailing "behind" him, if you catch my drift, and have to perform a manual extraction? Unless you can convince one of the kids that it's just stuck in the fur, of course.
    Last edited by slgrieb; January 13th, 2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Can't Spell When I'm Feeling Maudlin

Stalemate tell me;why won`t my ex-wife of 40 years ago won`t talk to or her family won`t either,guess i will wait for the next 40 years,she may be in a better mood then,only problem i will be 110 by then,lol

I didn't hijack this thread slgrieb, I take great exception to the accusation. I did a tatical WOTPPP if you must know

"A tactical WOTPPP"?????

Is this even legal? I'll wait for Stalemate's reply. ( And keep the 440BX board, I miss all three of mine. Many a Dos based game was played on them.)
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    I didn't hijack this thread slgrieb, I take great exception to the accusation. I did a tatical WOTPPP if you must know
    Quoted from Stalemate:
    The Way of the Post Pad is a loosely-knit organization which recognizes the post padding creativity of its members.

There are no obligations apart from posting often - but always on topic.

Merit is granted on post count and the ingenuity used in either padding a post without being noticed, or getting others to participate in a post padding frenzy.

The T-shirt design is still pending.

full story here:
    http://forums.windrivers.com/showthr...nd+trap&page=2
    Sergeant WOTPP

He used to really adept at this sort of banter, but lately, I think his responses are getting a little stale, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    House, you keep that 440BX because when you drink too much, you get maudlin.
    Dear Stalegrieb,

I am confused here, not that that in itself is anything exceptional.

Is it when I drink too much I get maudlin or is it just that I drink too much?