Ask Stalemate - Page 4
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Stalemate

Quote Originally Posted by houseisland
    Why does the Microsoft campus in Redmond look nothing like Mordor?

Holograms and fairy dust in almost equal dosage.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Where does all the time go?

You know, I've been wondering about that myself...

I think it's sneaking out when we're not looking or paying attention, slipping away while we toil at jobs we hate for people who barely respect us by paying us as little as they are legally allowed to do while our kids grow beyond our perception of them as innocent toddlers who just yesterday were crawling under the kitchen table, babbling about kitties, while now they scarcely speak to us voluntarily withdrawing into their own little pocket of "reality" where they'll be as hardened and as perplexed at the fleeting time as we soon...

I need a shot of JD now.

Stat.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Registered User Dark Millennium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate
    Yes, of course.

Hello.... you.

(Stalemate wonders why this guy has his name in his signature...)

But it's this guy we have absolutely no clue about.
    Hmmm....I seem to recall posting several times about me...and e-mailing you're gmail account for work on a logo for my site many many moons ago.

As is as I always say...not much to tell but anyone is free to ask
    The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of you coffee.
    (Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel)

If a program is useful, it will have to be changed.
    (Laws of Computer Programming, III)

Thanx to Adept for the Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Millennium
    Hmmm....I seem to recall posting several times about me...and e-mailing you're gmail account for work on a logo for my site many many moons ago.

As is as I always say...not much to tell but anyone is free to ask

LOL!

Of course I remember you, fellow canuck.

Why does the Microsoft campus in Redmond look nothing like Mordor?
    Because Mordor was built all at once and the Redmond campus is a twenty-year-long ongoing project.

Quote Originally Posted by rgharper
    Because Mordor was built all at once and the Redmond campus is a twenty-year-long ongoing project.
    Then there is the black hole at the heart of Redmond, which is distorting the time-space continuum and sucking down all the cash which comes into its sphere of influence.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate
    You'll recall similar threads if you've been here a while when I used to do them under the guise of "Ask Grendizer the 100-foot space robot."

Well, this is exactly like that. I was feeling a little nostalgic.

Except for the 100-foot space robot part.

Ask me anything.

Go on.
    Ah-HA! I have a question: When will WebHead sign up for City of Villains and reunite with the gang for fun and games?
    Hello World

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid
    Then there is the black hole at the heart of Redmond, which is distorting the time-space continuum and sucking down all the cash which comes into its sphere of influence.
    One hole to rule them all in the darkness bind them?

Quote Originally Posted by WebHead
    Ah-HA! I have a question: When will WebHead sign up for City of Villains and reunite with the gang for fun and games?

To quote Statesman: "soon".

But if you must know, I do not play CoV, although I did buy it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by street1
    When animals are killed on the roadways,What is the persons occupation that removes them?How much are they paid?Please do not refer to vultures and other scavengers.Only address the 2 questions asked.
    Here in Tennessee, the occupation of the person varies as the state made it legal in 1999 to eat it, as long as its not a protected species. Tastes like chicken.

OK, Stalemate. You are obviously a really smart guy.

Let's see if you can give my daughter some help with a first year English assignment at UBC:

If Brutus's obsession with the dagger and the wound in Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar" represents his homoerotic Oedipal desires for Caesar, these twisted to murderous effect by societal repression and marginalization of the other by the homophobic Judeo-Christian heterosexual hegemony, a theme we see replicated in the relationship between Macbeth and Duncan in “Macbeth,” what insights are we then given into the relationship between Paul Martin and Jean Cretien in Shakespeare's “Gomery Tragedy,”….. err Travisty?
    I lied, not about you being a really smart guy, but about my daughter. She is only in high school, and there was no assignment.

But there is no bitterness and sarcasm among privileged, white, male, non-dead, heterosexual, former English graduate students, the sub-Nazi-war-criminal incarnations of evil and oppression that they are, well not much bitterness anyway, well maybe....... and sarcasm...... well...

Anyway, Stalemate, do you think I can take the hair shirt off and stop flagellating myself now that I have the degree?
    Last edited by houseisland; January 21st, 2006 at 01:48 PM.

I lied, not about you being a really smart guy, but about my daughter. She is only in high school, and there was no assignment.

But there is no bitterness and sarcasm among privileged, white, male, non-dead, heterosexual, former English graduate students, the sub-Nazi-war-criminal incarnations of evil and oppression that they are, well not much bitterness anyway, well maybe....... and sarcasm...... well...

Anyway, Stalemate, do you think I can take the hair shirt off and stop flagellating myself now that I have the degree?

I haven't had enough booze-ahol yet to know what the heck you're talking about.

Can I answer you question with another question?

Oops.

I just did.

can you provide code for 2 interfaces and their associated enterprise java beans, plus a session bean and a facade based on a the Merck Medco model by Tuesday AM?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

why do labs have iron stomachs?
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    if the world is full of idiots why is it that new ones keep showing up?
    What say to this Stalemate?