Ask Stalemate - Page 16
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Ask Stalemate

I will gladly pay you triple (on Tuesday), for the answer today.

Did you notice if my evil twin remembered to get a tube of Goose Liver Pate for lubricant?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Squid View Post
    I will gladly pay you triple (on Tuesday), for the answer today.

Did you notice if my evil twin remembered to get a tube of Goose Liver Pate for lubricant?

Sorry.

The only cylindrical objects sticking out of his shopping bag were definitely not lubricant.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

It appears you may have answered all questions and resolved every conundrum. So what happens now?
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Why is there never enough free RAM?

I mean I have received, gratis, many procs, hard drives, mobos, video cards, sound cards, keyboards, mice, monitors, nics, enitre systems, etc, etc. But there is never enough RAM.

Do you think there is a conspiracy againsts me?

Am I just losing my memory? Did I ever have it? Is it an early onset of Altzhiemers?

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!

Just the opposite for me, I have tons o' ram, never enough of the other stuff. Oddly enough, I have fistfulls of pc-133, DDR2, and RAMBUS ram, but precious few sticks of DDR. And don't get me started on laptop memory. But my question for Stalemate is this: Why do I get people wanting me to build them a computer when it is most inconvenient?
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

It appears you may have answered all questions and resolved every conundrum. So what happens now?

You know ... stuff.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by houseisland View Post
    Why is there never enough free RAM?

It is much too oppressed to ever be really free until we all rally together and make signs, and carry on with public protesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d View Post
    ... But my question for Stalemate is this: Why do I get people wanting me to build them a computer when it is most inconvenient?
    Sheer bad luck. It actually has to do with the fact that they've finished learning how the old one works.

It's a fundamental law of the universe.

http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-computer.html

"By the time you learn your new computer you'll need a new one."

Doesn't thermodynamics teach us that there is no Free RAM?

Doesn't thermodynamics teach us that there is no Free RAM?
    You'd think so, but you'd be wrong.

You're thinking about heatsink / fans (HSF).

Time flies when you're having fun. Where does it go when it flies?
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

In the same spirit, why is it that time flies like an arrow, while fruit flies like a banana?

' why is it that time flies like an arrow, while fruit flies like a banana?'

While we await Stalemates' answer, I might note that bananas are curved, thus approximating the curvature of space, whereas time is linear, like the path of light (which only bends under severely strong gravitational pull), and as such the two at the same time support the time-space continuum but are diametrically opposed in physical presentation.

http://timespacecontinuum.com/default.asp

Actually, it's when you're concentrating on a task that retrospective time estimations vary more from reality.

As for time actually flying off anywhere, some have reported seeing it on Girls Gone Wild - Cancun Edition DVDs, in the crowd.

Further research will be required to prove any of this though, so you can Paypal me the funds required to continue this field research at your leisure.

Be sure to include some discretionary funds.

I'm a big tipper.

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    In the same spirit, why is it that time flies like an arrow, while fruit flies like a banana?

Misconception: Time does not fly like an arrow. It flies like nausea.

This explains how hard it was / is / will be to figure out exactly how to set up MS Tempo on one's chronometron inducer. Good times...