I Broked Me Toe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I Broked Me Toe

I twisted my ankle while jogging a few years back and it was 2 hours before I had to pick up my son and my hubby was out of town. Of course, I didn't go to the doc and my ankle was so swollen/black and blue. By the time I could call the doc, there was nothing he could do (I had already wrapped it). I also found out there is more of a chance you could do more damage to the ankle, but knock on wood, that hasn't happened yet.
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Geez, I hope your toe heals as quickly and painlessly as possible. Although with all the kiddos around, I know your poor toe will get more than its fair share of "bumps". Strange how a broken toe or finger seems to be the only one you keep banging into things.

Never broke a bone, but did manage to dislocate six bones in my left foot by jumping off my grandmother's roof.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Sorry to hear That you slacked off and did not have clothes folded where
    you would not have broken toe.

Hope your toe gets better. I have pin in right tibia I can predict the weather too.

toes i imagine are just like fingers after breaking. there is nothinga doctor can do, and they are never quite the same.

broke 2 fingers in my first 2 rugby practices last year.... fortunatly I set them right way while the addrenalin was running, and the pain was blocked. But I feel your pain (everytime I push a key that is)
    Powered by: AMD Opeteron 175, 2 GB Mushkin XP4000, eVGA 7800 GT CO OC SLI, Creative X-Fi, WD25000 RAID 0, Plextor 716-SA, Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, Enermax Liberty 620, Zalman 9500 HS

Sorry to hear, Mayet. I think you must have the worst luck of anyone I know. Perhaps after a babysitter is requisitioned a liberal application of alcohol will help to dull the pain?
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Well after this time my toe has gone through the colours of the rainbow to hang between green and yellow bruising over the last few days.

it WAS much better, it will never be straight again but I was rather proud of the toes progress until I dressed my three year old for shopping yesterday and I had just put his shoes on when he decided to jump on my toe...

Suffice to say i screamed and the toe is a lovely shade of bringht reddy purple again today.

Hi Guts dear.... hows it going........

I don't drink so I thought banging my head against a wall for half an hour might numb it....
    My Photography = Images of Hervey Bay photography by Maggie Macleod

my facebook to chat and interact and learn about ME
    http://www.facebook.com/mayet666

The worst pain I have ever experienced was a broken toe.
    Some idiot pulled right out in front of me, so I had to lay down my bike. The brake pedal smashed my big toe into the side of the engine case.
    My toe:
    I'll never forget that pain.
    Close second: toothaches.

Oh no puhleeeeeeeeeese don't mention toothaches. I have a wisdom tooth threatening to cause me great pain at the moment.

Isn't it funny though that the pain of an extremity like foot or hand/arm injury can be so radiatingly painful.

and teeth and oh I do remember the collarbone when I did that one in too,

Same sorta thing, car pulled out in front of my bike, I had to drop the bike to avoid the car and I slid along using my shoulder and helmet as a brake. I only had a skirt on to so the gravel rash was.. well umm, did I have any skin left.........

Whats everyone elses most painful experience of injuries?

A toothache as well???? Perhaps it is time to sacrifice a live chicken...
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

I once stepped in a basin of boiling water to above my ankle on a job. Had to wear a burn garment for several years but it kept the scars compressed enough so I didn't need any grafts. Hope that never happens again.

AWell heres the pics...it's gonna be bent for life.. I got me a broked bent toe...

Last edited by Mayet; January 31st, 2006 at 05:03 AM.

The pain killers are blurring your vision too...

Oh no thats called poor man's cwappy cam

where do I get that cwap cam? Looks painful though. Are you taking it easy? Ok, stop laughing, being a mom means no rest even though one is injured etc...
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Toes pretty good actually, It only twinges when i stand on it wrong, or the kids stand on it for me.

Kids went back to school this week after summer hols and the little ones started daycare a couple of days a week so its been great actually, I have been using the time to play catch up and relax without someone physically peeling back my eyelid and opening my eye and peering at me, saying are you awake mummy.