USB flash drive locked?

Thread: USB flash drive locked?

USB flash drive locked?

Hi everyone. I have an old usb flashdrive that is not recogizing on Windows XP. I think i locked the drive with a software called "Jupiter" long time ago. Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

Ok. So what is the full name(make/model/whatever) of the old usb flashdrive and exactly what Jupiter program are you talking about?

Is this it?

Or is this it? If so I can't read it.

Well I shall try to help as much as I can.

I can't believe I am 86.

Were you able to open it? My USB flash drive is asking for a password, can't remember.
    Any Syggestions. Thanks

My flash drive has an icon which says it is safe to remove the drive, but when I have it plugged into my desk top machine, even if no programs are running it always says it is being used by a program and cannot be safely removed.
    I have a cruzer micro 512 Scandisk. Of course I remove it as I know it is not being used at the time. It always clears itself for removal from the laptop though.

Actually this is how I found windrivers, which I am finding very useful, I was looking for an explaination and discovered that this brand of drive has not a very good rep and the help from the web site is criticized by many users in forums on the net.
    Any ideas why it is behaving like this.

Country Bumpkin... it could be that you have spyware trying to use the drive, or the indexing is going on or you have opened a document/file from that drive and it is in your recent documents. Clear out recent documents/temp files/temporary internet files.

Alans you have asked before - what was the make and model of your flash drive?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Another possibility is if the flash drive is formatted for NTFS instead of the usual FAT32 it most likely came preformatted with, then WinXP will ask that the device be removed via the system tray to prevent potential data loss.

As for Sandisk's Cruzer line having a bad rep, I personally have nothing but praise for them. One of my own 256Mb version flash drive has gone throught the washer/drier sycle (on two occasions) and still works fine today, months after the goof up.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Thanks again for your advice.

After reading your suggestions I noticed that on the desktop PC whenever I plugged in the divice the little program DVD43 identified itself, then I recalled that I had to reinstall this after removing the USBdirve one time. So I turned off DVD43 and the remove safely system worked.
    I don't have this little program on the laptop so this is why I had no problem with it on that computer.

Thanks again you are a wonderful help.

Thanks for the feedback. I was able to find the disk for my USB Flash Card. All I need now is to find a way to recovery my password. I tried all with no succcess. Any ideas?
    Thanks