HP Printers printing in Windows 2000

Thread: HP Printers printing in Windows 2000

Post HP Printers printing in Windows 2000

During a multi-page printout, we've noticed that certain printers are having trouble where they are printing a couple of pages, then only printing half the page. The page dosn't get stuck or anything, simply won't print an entire page. We've noticed this on several computers, and the only similarity we can notice is Windows 2000 operating system. And, yes we are using the latest driver updates. We've noticed this with Deskjets 840c and 935c. Can anyone help?

Exclamation

You might go here to read up on <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd07912.html" target="_blank">Deskjet Printers - Blank Pages Are Ejected</a>. Basically, it says that if the self tests print out correctly, to make sure that the HP printer is set as Default Printer and to go to Print Preview and make sure the document is set up correctly.

When you say it only prints half the page, does the rest of that page show up on the following page or does the info just get lost? Of course, the paper settings, Legal vs. standard 8 1/2 X 11, will effect this also. What program are you using to print from...Office2000?

And, go here for <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/software/840-enu-2kinfu.exe.html" target="_blank">840C printer software/driver: corporate users for USB or parallel</a>. I know you said you already installed the lastest drivers...these are pretty recent...dated 27 Nov 2001.

Just a couple of suggestions...let us know how it goes.
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

All the page settings are set up correctly, and print preview shows the entire document. As for the half page part, the bottom half part of the page is lost. A test page prints out correctly, this only occurs on documents that are several pages in length, and the symptoms do not occur intill a few pages into the document.(Sometimes begins on the 3rd page, sometimes on the 6th, ect...)

OH, and this problems occurs under different programs as well.

Question

Are they hooked up to local workstations or are they using JetDirect print servers?

I also had some incompatibilities using DeskJets with JetDirects in the past...
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

hooked up locally

can you beef up the memory in these printers? (I'm not sure if little deskjets can take memory or not)
    It's good to be the King.

No, as far as I know, Deskjets, especially these ones don't allow for additional memeory expansion.