[RESOLVED] HP LASERJET III

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP LASERJET III

JIMF

HP LASERJET III

I was just given a HP laserjet III. It is a wonderful printer but there is only one problem. It will not print graphics. It will print them if they are part of a document, but not as a Jpeg or other type of image file.I have used page protection to maximize the memory. I have two meg of memory in the printer. Any ideas??

pakrat1
    Can you tell me more about this. I believed your printer needs more memory to print graphics. And may be you needs to experience changes setting in printer properties, I have to play with these a while before one setting gave me good result. I think 2 meg ram on that printer is a little bit on low side. probably your printer is print on 300dpi or less.

Steve Zap
    First thing to check would be if you have the correct drivers installed. I am assuming you have checked that.

What errors are you getting when trying to print graphics ? Is it spitting out a blank sheet ? Is it just not printing ?

After you print it, does it send the job to your print queue ? Does it just stay in the queue ? If so does it say "Printing" or "Waiting" in the queue ? If it syas "Printing it means the printer is just receiving the data too slow... probably because it is such an old printer. 2MB should be fine as far as memory goes becaue most graphics are less than one MB (unless you are printing huge graphics). In this case try smaller graphics as a test.

Try changing to RAW instead of RET for memory management. If this works you may have a bad memory chip in the printer.

If I have not covered your problem please post exactly what it is doing to indicate it will not print graphics. Without knowing an error message or what it is (is not) doing I cannot help beyond what I have done so far.

Good Luck !
    -Steve Zap