VHS to PC Via DV out on camcorder

Thread: VHS to PC Via DV out on camcorder

Red face VHS to PC Via DV out on camcorder

Hopefully u guys can help me again, thks for the 1394 tip. the problem I now have is that I have some VHS Video that I would like to burn to DVD. I have a digital Camcorder with the 1394 connection. I have RCA connections on my VCR and TV and Camcorder. how do I get the movie to my camcorder please

Sorry if this is a repeat I have spent some time looking and didn't find anything helpfull.

Mat

Welcome back.

Your camera will need to have the facility to digitize the A/V analog input, many do, but not all. Some basic models only have the RCA terminals as outputs. I'm just leaving for work here, so I don't have time to Google for it, but I'll check with the camera techs at work. If you or someone else hasn't figured it out by the time I'm online next, I'll let you know if the GR-DVL20 can do it.

If it can, in the camera menu options you'd need to select the RCA A/V camera connections to be inputs, connect to the RCA out on the VCR, and either dub across onto the camera tape, then capture the recording, or just capture the digital stream as the camera converts it. Which one will depend on the design of the camera.

Say, mat, does your video card do video in? It would be lots easier than going through the camera to do the capture. Check your documentation.

If this feature isn't supported, I would think about buying an external USB video capture device like Adaptec's VideOh! http://adaptec.com/worldwide/product...eo+for+your+PC
    or one of Pinnacle's Dazzle products http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...o/Dazzle/?dz=1

From the specifications in the service manual at work, it doesn't look like it can be done with that camera, the A/V connections are all outputs.

Seems like slgrieb's thoughts might be the go, or arrange to borrow a more advanced camera for a while... ?

Thks Guys, thought that may be the case. wanted to find out b4 I went and spent the cash on another gadget.

Thks again

Mat