GE Minicam Pro 98067 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: GE Minicam Pro 98067

Welcome to Windrivers jokerj and sorry to hear that your camera won't work. Fortunately these things are not too expensive nowadays.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks, NooNoo. This is only part of the Gates conspiracy----which seems to be compounded with the introduction of Vista. I expect more problems to come up as I try to use more of my old programs. First, I could not access Help for some of my MS Office programs because they are not supported. Next, my Cad program wouldn't work and I had to buy a new one. Now the camera. I'm waiting for the next shoe to fall, and feel that I am dealing with a caterpillar.

Oh good grief... if you wanted to use it with Vista you should have checked for compatibility FIRST. There is no conspiracy except in your inability to understand that Vista is a NEW operating system for NEW hardware and NEW software. While it does provide some backward compatibility, there are limits which have been well documented... hell there is even a wizard to help you with finding out whether it is compatible BEFORE you install Vista.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ok, I have one of these webcams and can't install it via the cd because I don't have a cd rom on my lap right now. I've installed the drivers from the webpage given both with the webcam plugged in and not and it still won't recognize it. What am I doing wrong? I need to get it working ASAP to talk to my husband in Iraq. Any and all help is appreciated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted. Thanks.

Welcome to Windrivers mrsmfshort

First of all, what windows are you running on the laptop?
    Second, what is the make and model of the laptop?
    Third, are all your windows updates done?

I've got XP on an Inspiron 6000 (Dell) and I don't have any messages saying to update so I'm gonna assume I'm up-to-date. I saw on another message board that Direct X update might help and I did that to no avail too.

Ok, I downloaded the drivers for the 98656 model and installed those and that got me further. (My disc said that was the other model it worked for. It was a shot). I can now bring up the program and I have a light on the cam, but the screen is dark. My messengers aren't recognizing any picture either. Any ideas?

Are you sure this camera is good? Does it appear in device manager? (Right click my computer, select properties, hardware tab, device manager button)

I have a desktop and it's installed on there and works just fine. It's not the best thing in the world, but it does work, at least on the desk. I'm just not getting any picture on the lap when I open it up.

Right, so it works on the desktop computer fine, but it doesn't work on your laptop. Is the operating system the same on both the desktop and the laptop?

GE Minicam™ Pro

Is this cam compatible with windows vista or not? Please help!! And if so how do i make it work??

Welcome to Windrivers legacy laced

it depends on the model number of the camera.

Downloadable Driver Doesn't Work - Get the Driver Disc from Jasco

The company that handles GE Webcams is called Jasco. Their technical support number is: 800.654.8483, option 4, be prepared to hold. Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm (CST). Don’t waste your time telling them it doesn’t work. They don’t want to hear it. They insisted that I was my laptop and not the driver. I explained that I used the driver downloaded from their website and it didn’t work. I was told that there was no difference in the driver disc they would send me… I persisted. Guess what? When the disc arrived, I loaded it into the laptop. Installed the driver once again. Went to START, right clicked on MY COMPUTER, went to PROPERTIES, then HARDWARE, then DEVICE MANAGER. In the list you will see a YELLOW QUESTION MARK next to the USB camera. Right click it and UPDATE DRIVER, run the HARDWARE SETUP WIZARD and all of the sudden by some incredible miracle the webcam will start working. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the disc, I’m sure it was because the stars were perfectly aligned paired with the incense I was burning while I chanted incoherently. Whatever the case may be, get the disc and get cam-ing!

Welcome to Windrivers thewillie

Interesting that... funny how that seems to happen alot with these types of products... can you make an iso of that disk and upload it somewhere? If not, private message me and I will make arrangements.

I've got a 98067 Rev. 2. I've downloaded 98067.zip from Jasco. I followed the directions of installing the software before plugging in the cam. Although the software installed, I keep getting the "found new hardware" dialogue when I plug it in. I've uninstalled, rebooted, powered off, and I was considering sacrificing a goat, but I thought I'd see if anyone else had a suggestion first.