Windows 2000 pro stop code error after installing a network card

Thread: Windows 2000 pro stop code error after installing a network card

Windows 2000 pro stop code error after installing a network card

I installed a D-link DFE-530TX+ network card and started up my computer. Windows found the new hardware and I installed the drivers from the D-link CD. I rebooted like usual when finished and what I got was the blue screen of death with this message "Driver Entry Point Not Found" and below it was this "\SystemRoot\system32\Drivers\DLKRTS.sys device driver could not locate the entry point interlockedpopentryslist in driver ntoskrnl.exe"

I disabled the network card in safemode and restarted windows. Everything seems to be running ok with the card disabled in device manager. I tried installing the default oem windows drivers for it and tried several different drivers off of the D-link CD with no luck. Every time I restart after installing the network card drivers I get the error I mentioned above and have to go into safemode to disable it.

I can usually poke around with windows until it works but this issue has me stumped. The last time I had the blue screen of death in windows 2000 was messing with the intel IDE drivers on a dell motherboard. I learned that lesson the hardway; I ended up corrupting the operating system and had to reinstall.

Hardware
    Gigabyte motherboard ICH5 865G chipset
    ATI All in wonder 9600
    Intel P4 3.4GHz w/HT overclocked to 3.8
    2GB PC3200 dual channel corsair ram
    plextor dvd burner/NEC cd burner
    2 IDE hard drives
    optical mouse
    firewire card

Software
    SUSE linux (dual operating systems linux is the boot manager)

windows 2000 professional sp4
    ACPI multiprocessor mode

I can't think of any other information to include. I am new to using forums, but I couldn't find any threads about this specific error. I listed some things that could potentially make the setup on my computer strange. Any light shed on this problem would help tremendously. Thanks.

just one thing.......are youe sure your motherboard do not contain networkcard?maybe you should try to install motherboard driver again