anyone as frustrated with pogo.com as I am?

Thread: anyone as frustrated with pogo.com as I am?

Hybrid View

anyone as frustrated with pogo.com as I am?

anyone help me out or suggest links to follow?
    pogo.com has only partial function where some of the games work and others return a "java not found" error.

I have tested the Java install on the Sun site which says it is all good. Tried Yahoo games and that seems to work OK

Cleared the browser and Java plugin cache.
    Read all faqs I could find relevant.
    Tried earlier an rev. of java.
    Win98 box w/ java 1.5.
    reset security and advanced options

This site is very popular at least with a number of my customers and I swear every time I get an issue related to pogo.com from a customer it becomes a frustrating experience.

thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

I hate pogo.com, just last week I had a guy bring his machinein all totally messed up, take it home, put pogo on and brought it back equally as messed up. WinME and pogo is like a guy running through a tobacco field... Anyone that comes in here and says "my pogo isn't working", I usually say, "that's no surprise". I love it when someone tells me to lock down their computer so nothing will get infected... so I use firefox with noscript as their web browser...
    Speaking of which, try it in firefox ( or another engine) just for giggles to see if that changes anything...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Hey thanks for reply

>Speaking of which, try it in firefox ( or another engine) just for giggles to see if that changes anything...
    Yes, I have already started clutching at straws... Netscape returned the same error on the same games.

I swear setting for setting beside my 98 test bench and customers system can't find Java and the test bench is ready to play.

Two posts at the site, EA Games recently bought Pogo? Not that it matters as there has been no response, nothing, almost 2 days later. I guess they don't know either. lol
    Last edited by chainwash; February 21st, 2006 at 07:45 PM.

Thumbs up Pogo

I found in the two instance I dealt with this web site that I had to reinstall the OS onto the clients PC. I alwasy do clean installs and this cleared up the issue and the client got a squeaky new-ish running PC to boot. Chris

I reinstalled the OS like 5 times for this guy with pogo... he even waited 3 days before going to pogo and the machine was fine until he started going there again
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

Yes yes yes. That will be the prescribed fix now. A fresh copy of the OS laid down, updates, add Java and presto bongo you are back to pogo.

And then yet another system whacked by pogo. Partitions go bye bye, a fresh copy of everything and still the F&*$king Pogo failed using her paid for account.

So make sure the "Java plug-in" is installed as well. The plug in is supposed to be included with the Java Runtime Enviroment. I put the 1.5.00(build 6?) the latest rev whatever it is on it did NOT work with a paid for account. It crashed the system !
    The plug in functions in this instance to bypass the advertisments and provide member only area access.

I resolved this issue by installing the JRE 1.4.2 rev. complete along side of the 1.5.00 rev. even though they say not to do that.

I am guessing that Pogo is suffering from thier own success. Probably getting to be quite a pile of code now they try to keep uptodate.

Thought I would post back, maybe save someone else as much grief.

On balance of course if it continues to increase Pogo may start to generate as many billable hours as Microsoft does now, LOL.

Someone came in and asked if I could get pogo working again on their computer... I replied "So you want me to make your car work underwater?" the perplexed look on their face was well worth the risk of insulting them... once I'd explained myself they laughed about it...

Haven't had any problems with pogo other than that for a while now and we've got a number of regulars who use it all the time...

"Haven't had any problems with pogo other than that for a while now and we've got a number of regulars who use it all the time..."

Yes those regulars that use it all the time. When I thought about that 2 customers in particular stand out as they were quite agitated about not having thier Pogo fix. I'm not kidding here. Be careful around these pogo types.
    haha