2 Generic 256 DDR400
1 sony dvdrw
1 liteon dvd combo
1 floppy drive
1 sound blaster audigy 2 ext. ports
1 60GB Maxtor
1 80GB Maxtor
1 120GB Sata1 Seagate
pci adaptec scsi controller(sometimes for Jaz ext. drive and cheetah drives)
pci intel server lan card
pci sound blaster audigy2 platinum
pciexpress Gecube radeon x800 GT 256MB
Lian Li casing
Hec 300Watts power supply

I had no trouble with my setup before, the problem only started when two weeks ago workers started termite repairs on my house, so I had to move all my things suddenly to another house. I unplugged everything and packed the computer, after two weeks, I got to help a friend to assemble a new sempron, foxconn and kingston upgrade, but his old power supply did not have the 12V power connector, I was pressed for time, so I had no choice but to lend my HEC power supply so he can use the sempron computer next day.

But when I returned the HEC power supply the following day to my own CPU setup and test it, The power gets cut after every push of the power button, this process is repeated by unplugging the power cord and replugging it to the power supply, then pushing the power button, again gives the same result, it gets cut after 1 or 2 secs.

Upon troubleshooting and trying different power supply like Enermax 500W, I still got the same cut power after 2secs., I noticed however that if I don't connect the sata1 power connector to the sata1 drive, the power would continue, but still I cannot here any "1 beep" sound to signify boot proceeding. M wondering what happened? is it my hard disk or the 939dual sata2 MB that has a problem, any inputs would be welcome.

I'm just too busy to disassemble everything and temporary house is a mess so I don't have the other parts on hand to test with and pinpoint where the exact problem is, but this is the first time this has happened to me.

the other powersupply I tested was the "ENERMAX EG651P-VE FM(24P) PSU with 36A and a single12 V rail" but with the same result, which is why I thought of the SATA1 as having the problem, but if I don't attach the sata1, the power doesn't get cut, but cmos doesn't beep or post at all, which is why i also think that the 939dualsata1 might be the problem, I bought it around Aug. 05. But upto the event I describe earlier, I did not have any problem, I preferred the HEC 300 over the enermax, because of the cable for enermax was hard and very cluterring on my full lian li casing. It seems I have to disassemble everything and test it over the weekend, as I'm very busy with work at the moment.

Another thing before I forget, my cpu was connected to a dell 21" crt monitor before at 1024X1068 & 120MHZ refresh, I left the Dell 21" at the house being repaired since its very heavy!

when I moved and retested my cpu, all I have is a generic 14" monitor to test with. Which I assumed could not show up on the monitor since it was last set at a very high resolution, But I was able to test it with the dell 21" monitor briefly last sunday with the same no post or beep result. I'm wondering if the attaching of my cpu to the generic 14" monitor have any effect to my current problem?

Please help, Thank you.

Dirk