Will this work?

Thread: Will this work?

Will this work?

I am in the process of migrating my enterprise virus server (Trend OfficeScan) to a new server but still using Trend products. The obstacle I am facing with is how to tell all 200 of my pc's to look at the new Trend server instead of the old. Trend supplies a command line method to accomplish this but requires me to go to each pc which I would rather not do. Could I run this from our main login script (used for generic drive mappings mainy)? This is the command I would need to run:

\\ust04wsus1\ofcscan\admin\utility\ipxfer\ipxfer.e xe -s ust04wsus1 -p 8080 -v 7.00 -c 50777

Does anyone see any pitfalls from inserting this in the login script for our OU? The only issue I see is that it may run on clients that are already pointed to the new server which should not be a problem (I will verify).

I would assume the script needs to be run with admin rights, so probably it won't work.
    Your best bet would be to create a batch script and run the command on all your clients remotely with a tool like psexec (freeware, www.sysinternals.com)
    You would create a text file clients.txt listing all your clients, then in a command prompt:
    for /f %i in (clients.txt) do psexec \\%i -u YOURDOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR -p ADMINPASS cmd /c \\ust04wsus1\ofcscan\admin\utility\ipxfer\ipxfer.e xe -s ust04wsus1 -p 8080 -v 7.00 -c 50777
    I am not familiar with TrendMicro, but in SAV corporate you have the option to move clients from a server to another in the management console, I would expect such a feature to be standard...
    Protected by Glock. Don't mess with me!

You may be able to run it if you push it from you GPO.

And a little trick I use when I run something like this and I don't want it to keep running on a PC after it's done it once.

I setup a folder %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\BATCHPATCH which is hidden and in my scripts I set it up to create a txt file which is blank but I name it after whatever it is I'm pushing or updating so for this I would name it TOSSRV0206.TXT and have it copy it to that folder and in the script I include a "IF EXIST" command so if the text file is there it doesn't run it, if it isn't, it runs the command and creates the text file once complete.

I was never great at scripts but I figured out how to make it do what I wanted.
    Shoot 'em up! Shoot 'em up! Pow! Pow!

Another alternative is Kixscripts
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz