Zone Alarm security suite

Thread: Zone Alarm security suite

Zone Alarm security suite

I am thinking of getting this suite and wanted to know if any of you guys have used it and how good it is.

I have been using Symantec products for the past few years but they are not doing much for me right now and I am also having activation problems as some others are as well.

So how does Zone Alarm compare to norton internet security feature wise and ease of use?
    Gigabyte MA-790GP-DS4H
    AMD Phenom II 940
    Akasa AK-922 HSF
    Western Digital Sata II 500 GB
    Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4X2GB
    ASUS ATI 4870 1GB
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtrame Gamer
    Compro VideoMate T300
    Jeantech Storm 700W
    Vista Ultimate 64

Thumbs down A la carte

Quote Originally Posted by Vakas
    I am thinking of getting this suite and wanted to know if any of you guys have used it and how good it is.

I have been using Symantec products for the past few years but they are not doing much for me right now and I am also having activation problems as some others are as well.

So how does Zone Alarm compare to norton internet security feature wise and ease of use?
    Pardon my spelling. First off iy you ask 5 techies this question you'll get 6 diff. answers. I prefer to use ind. software programs, I really dislike the suite approach. They tend to take over and can be huge resouce hogs. I no longer recommend Symantec products to my cust. I feel that after 2004 AV the programs really got slow. So pick and choose. ZA is a great stand alone firewall. I stopped using it for simplicity, mainly because I found my cust. base couldn't handle it. I like Trend Micro for AV, ZA or the dreaded WXP Pro FW. musicman

I've been using the ZA 2005 suite and have been pretty happy with it. I'm thinking that it might be better to use one of their suites that don't include the antispyware module but does include their other security modules and get a better antispyware product like Spysweeper or Spyware Doctor. I haven't used the ZA antispyware, but PC Magazine rates it as being on par with CA's Pest Patrol. I got PP as a free download from CA and I think that it's about on par with A squared's full product.

I have purchased the Suite and it seems to be working great and the Antispyware applications seems to do a good job but will to use it more to compare it with any others yet.
    Gigabyte MA-790GP-DS4H
    AMD Phenom II 940
    Akasa AK-922 HSF
    Western Digital Sata II 500 GB
    Kingston HyperX DDR2 1066 4X2GB
    ASUS ATI 4870 1GB
    Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtrame Gamer
    Compro VideoMate T300
    Jeantech Storm 700W
    Vista Ultimate 64