Anyone know what kind of mobo Gobi used?

Thread: Anyone know what kind of mobo Gobi used?

Post Anyone know what kind of mobo Gobi used?

I got this old Gobi 366mhz Celery from a guy who wanted a new computer. We gutted what we could in this beast to use in his new PC (Cd-rom drive, Modem, and Floppy Drive) everything else is integrated. It has the Intel 440LX mobo and says it shows the jumper settings on the mobo that it can go up to a 433mhz celeron. I ran CTBIOS on it and it said that the maker of the Mobo was GVC. But in another forum I saw a post that said that GVC was sold to BCM and they have the support for all GVC motherboards. On their site I can't find my mobo at all. I wanted to find the jumper settings for it so I can see if it will go to a 533mhz. (going to use it for linux or as an ftp)
    I was wondering if any of you knew about this mobo or any links. Thanks for any help.
    Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then its just fun in the dark.

3 out of 2 people can't count.

Is there a number on the motherboard anywhere? It would really help to know the motherboard model number.
    The Artisan formerly known as A+Tech.

only number is sga014-1001485218l I did a search on it, but nothing came back.
    Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then its just fun in the dark.

A few days ago in the chatroom someone was looking for the GVC/BCM mobo drivers and stuff... we eventually found the page, but none of the files are still there. So I am afraid you are out of luck unless someone happens to have them kicking around.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yeah I went to their page, but none of the motherboards they had there were like this one.

I would suggest You to use hwinfo utility from www.hwinfo.com. That util will tell You exact motherboard's model,not only manufacturer.

I remember I was looking for BIOS for one an old GVC motherboard, what turned out was in fact Packard Bell PB850 motherboard. Visited their site and found what I was looking. Try that way...
    If You can, post here exact BIOS string, and may be, we can help You more.

The bios string is i440LX-W83977-2A69JG5LC-00
    Thanks for any help you can give me. I tried that HWinfo, but it said unknown under manufacturer. I know its an Intel 440LX chipset. That is about all I know.

Yep it comes up as a GVC board... now all you have to do is find someone who has the files.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I went to BCM to see if anyone there in the forum could help me. Nothing yet. Thanks for your help guys.