Missing HDD after mobo replacement

Thread: Missing HDD after mobo replacement

[Resolved] Missing HDD after mobo replacement

Figured the problem below out...turns out it was a stupid move on my part...I'd inadvertantly included the extra drive as a RAID drive. Simply deselected it in BIOS, rebooted, and there she was.

In another thread, I started this horror story. I apologize in advance for the length of this post...but here's the info....

System: AMD 64/3800 CPU on an A8N SLI Deluxe mobo. Windows XP Pro, all updates. Twin WD Raptors in a RAID 0 set. Third [logical second] seagate HDD, not part of the RAID. Two DVD/CDRW drives, floppy drive. All HDD's use SATA connections...which was working fine before this nonsense.

'Bout three weeks ago, updated BIOS...fool that I am! Then last week, lost the chipset fan, [I leave the PC on 24/7...no telling how long it cooked] but in turn it took the mobo down.

Replaced the mobo with the same setup. Everything boots up...except now my seagate is nowhere to be found!? During the mobo replacement, I didn't remove the HDD's physically, just unhooked the cables.

Attempts so far: Changed cables, rebooted after removing drive, booted again with the drive attached...no joy. Checked power...the drive is warm.

During the original BIOS setup, I had this problem temporarilly...and fiddling with BIOS settings brought it back...but I'm at a loss as to what I did!

I suppose it could just be a simple drive failure...but that's almost too coincidental. I can live with a replacement, since I do have the data backed up, but would sure like to know if I'm missing something foolish.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Len
    Last edited by IT Len; March 27th, 2006 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Resolved
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."