Icatch VI PC Camera - Driver problem
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Icatch VI PC Camera - Driver problem

Hybrid View

Icatch VI PC Camera - Driver problem

Hi all,

Do let me know if you can help with this one....

I just bought an Icatch VI webcam off ebay. The item arrived without a driver and I am trying to find a driver from the web. I have found the driver from the manufacturers website and installed it..it seems to install the driver fine....but when i plug in the Webcam, it doesnt recognize the driver and Windows asks you to locate the driver.

Do you know if the driver that i am installing could be faulty?

I am running from Windows XP.

Farhad

Lightbulb Icatch VI Driver !

Hello Farhadb

Quote Originally Posted by farhadb
    Hi all,

The item arrived without a driver and I am trying to find a driver from the web.
    I don't know why you paid cash for your Icatch VI and you didnt insist on getting its driver. I just installed the last of my three new Icatchs for my clients.Each has its own driver.Even with the Driver CD some fumble with the installation.

I have found the driver from the manufacturers website and installed it..it seems to install the driver fine....
    But let's Verify this :--

1---Did you get to the last window where you have to click on "Finish" during installation ?
    2---Did your PC notice the USB when you slotted it in and did it say " Found New Hardware ".?

but when i plug in the Webcam, it doesnt recognize the driver and Windows asks you to locate the driver.
    If you're able to get the "Finish " button after this installation step ,that doesn't mean you've finished the installation.From there you've to plug in the USB of the Icatch and wait till the system notices the Icatch and starts to install additional files.Don't plug the Icatch's USB till you've click the "Finish" button.

Do you know if the driver that i am installing could be faulty?.
    I think this is where the problem comes from .The "Found New Hardware " window appears and it starts to install additional files to control the Icatch 'cos you don't hv to plug the Icatch before the first "Finish" button .So it asks whether you want to automatically install the files or select a location where the file is ( this location is the driver files needed for the installation of the additional files ).
    Note :- Just choose
    1-Yes, this time only, then click "Next "
    then,
    2-to automatically install.
    If you are able to continue from here it'll bring other windows which will tell you the software you're installing hasn't passed windows testing but just ignore that by clicking "continue anyway" and i believe you'll be through with it.
    This is not a total quarantee ,so if it doesn't work then insist on getting your driver ,but you can also chat back.

If you can also get the instructions for installing the driver you got from the web then follow it like A,BC,D,E...........Z.
    Its worths the patience.

--Good Standards doesn't go with gold digging--

Gab.

Hi Gab,

Many thanks for your response. I took your advice and let the supplier know. They posted the driver onto a hosting site and i downloaded it from there. After a bit of hiccups i managed to install the driver correctly and connected the camera after installation. It now works well.

Thanks again for your help...

Regards,
    Farhad

Driver for Icatch VI PC Camera

Hi! Could someone please send me a working driver for the Icatch VI PC Camera. I downloaded a driver but it doesn't work. Please send it to [email protected] Thanks so much.

I have a friend with one of these cameras, and the whole picture is green. Been thru all the settings, making them the same as mine, but to no avail. Any ideas, please? She's running win xp home.

re: Icatch VI PC Camera

Hi! gaz18. I got my camera to work yesterday. The seller sent me a driver. Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a driver that works. Your friend should uninstall the old driver and install this new one. Hopefully that will work out. My webcam works fine. Not green.

Welcome to Windrivers hongxiong - do you mean the picture that you can see is all green? You should be able to set the properties of the picture in the camera software.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I bought several of these wee cameras from the local supplier, and only 2 had this problem of an all green screen. Further investigation came up with different driver versions, so i uninstalled their driver, deleted the driver file, re installed using my copy, and all sweet.

Can you upload the driver that doesn't cause the green somewhere and post a link please Gaz?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Can u suggest somewhere to upload to? pretty please

my server needs redoing... but send me the drivers anyway.... use the board to email me or send it to me at gmail.com

ok, i am uploading it to a site now, it's 18.3 mb rar'd. I took the whole cd, save anything missing, you know?
    Will post the link as soon as it's finished

ok, here ya go:-
    http://www.mediamax.com/gaz18/Hosted/Globeyes.rar

just letting you know, again, it's 18.3 megs
    Picture yourself near a stream.
    Birds are singing in the crisp, cool mountain air.
    Nothing can bother you here. No one knows this secret place.
    You are in total seclusion from that place called the world. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity. The water is clear.
    You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding under the water.
    There now, feeling better?

link opens rather than downloads... something wrong there.

hmm, i click it, and the save file box comes straight up?
    i shall investigate....
    Picture yourself near a stream.
    Birds are singing in the crisp, cool mountain air.
    Nothing can bother you here. No one knows this secret place.
    You are in total seclusion from that place called the world. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity. The water is clear.
    You can easily make out the face of the person whose head you're holding under the water.
    There now, feeling better?