K7sem V 1 Wont Shut Off

Thread: K7sem V 1 Wont Shut Off

K7sem V 1 Wont Shut Off

Ive Already Narrowed This Down To One Of Two Possibilities.either A Power Supply Issue Or Mobo. Acpi Is Enabled In Bios ,problem Is No Matter How I Choose To Shut Down Windows It Logs Off And Says Windows Is Shutting Down You Can Still See The Mouse Pointer But No Response To Any Command You Can Here Resources Shutting Down Hdd Shuts Off, Fan On Cpu Runs A Bit Faster But Still The Screen Says Windows Is Shutting Down .no Response To Ctrl Alt Del Either ,nor Will The Mouse Pointer Move All I Can Do Is Unplug The Unit .now For The History This A 1ghz Duron W 256 Ram And 10 Gig Fujitsu Hdd With A Clean Install Of Xp (done Twice To See If That Would Resolve The Problem) With Same Results.i Had A Case Come In On Trade And The Mobo Was A Spare Thought I Could Make A Nice Pc For Someone To Purchase.now I Want To Pick Your Brains As Well .after All There Is An Answer Out There And I Hope One Of You Has Had This Problem Before.I ALSO SHOULD MENTION THAT AS SOON AS I PLUG IN THE COMPUTER IT COMES ON THIS SHOULD HIT ME BUT IT HASNT YET .
    Last edited by simplesolution; March 26th, 2006 at 09:27 PM. Reason: FORGOT IMPORTANT DETAIL

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    I would check the options in the bios.

May be your board and power supply don't support auto shutdown.

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/17...-shutdown.html

You can use this program at this site.

THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY street1 I WENT TO THE SITE AND RESEARCHED SEEMS I AM OUT ON A LIMB WITH THIS ONE BY MYSELF.WHEN I DO A REBOOT FROM WINDOWS THE COMPUTER WILL SHUT ALL THE WAY DOWN AND COME BACK ON BY ITSELF JUST AS IT SHOULD ,BUT WIN I SHUT DOWN WINDOWS EITHER BY COMMAND OR BY THE POWER BUTTON IT HANGS INFINATELY AT WINDOWS IS SHUTTING DOWN I SEE THE MOUSE POINTER BUT CANT MOVE IT ,NO OTHER COMMANDS WORK EITHER.I STILL HAVNT TRIED ANOTHER PSU BUT IT REQUIRES A PC100 MODEL PS150A ONLY 3 INCHES DEEP BECAUSE THE CASE IS SHALLOW AND I HAVNT EVEN SEEN ONE BEFORE.SEEMS LIKE I HAVE POWER BRIDGED SOMEWHERE I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO CHASE CIRCUITS BUT I MAY EVENTUALLY HAVE TO AS I TRY TO TAKE DECENT LOOKING CASES IN ON TRADE, WHEN I SELL ONE I KNOCK OFF A LITTLE MONEY THEN I SPEND A LITTLE TIME ON THE NEXT CASE AND I HAVE ANOTHER ONE TO SELL I SELL THE REBUILDS FOR 100 OR LESS DEPENDING ON WHATS INSIDE USUALLY TOWERS ONLY NOT SETS AS I HATE REPAIRING MONITORS.

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    I think your missing something in BIOS settings.In power management,after power failure you should choose "stay off"

Check power management in your Bios.

I Went To The Link The Elder Geek And May Find A Resolution With The Hal .since This Is A Clean Install I Am Not Afraid To Reinstall Again .acpi Is Enabled In Bios No Option For Staying Off After Power Failure But I Do Beleive Now Im On The Right Track Again. Ill Let You Know Soon If This Works And Thanks For All The Great Support.

Go to device manager and Choose View then show hidden devices.
    Look for something called ntpower management or something like that.
    See if it has a red X on it.
    That would mean its disabled. Right click and enable it
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Thanks For The Info Ferrit But Nothing Amiss In Device Manager I Have A Gravely Ill Grandmother In The Hospital So It May Be A Few Days Before I Can Try To Reinstall Hal Thanks So Much For The Tip