I recently acquired an HP Deskjet 5940 printer after my 10 year old Lexmark 5700 printer quietly died after much faithful service. I would have preferred another Lexmark, as they have some very reliable inexpensive printers. I unfortunately found that since they began providing printers for Dell, they are hard to find in stores locally. At any rate I got this 5940 printer which prints good copy. It has unfortunately only 1 powered feed roller which bears against the stack of paper. this one is on the right side looking at the front. the left side has a free wheeling roller. About half the time the roller will spin on the paper and not feed it. I have tried using other paper and cleaning the rollers as suggested by HP help center. Still the same. I am about at my wits end. I have, in years past had good results from HP printers including some of the older LaserJet printers which were built like a tank. I appear to have exausted the information available from HP Help. Any suggestions, or should I pitch it in the trash. I won't consider Cannon or Epson printers after problems with clogged fixed print heads.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Jim