Help with sound card my dvd player makes bubble noises!

Thread: Help with sound card my dvd player makes bubble noises!

Registered User carpassociation's Avatar

Help with sound card my dvd player makes bubble noises!

I'm running windows ME and a VIA AC'97 AUDIO (WAVE) sound card the sound card is working fine, but when trying to watch a DVD the sound has a bubble sound in it. I have changed DVD players 3 times trying to resolve this problem. It only does this when using the dvd player. I now have a new liteon 52x32x52x/16x DVD player installed with a XFX GeForce MX 4000 / 64MB DDR / AGP 8X / VGA / TV Out / Video Card and a Maxtor 80GB 7200 8mb EIDE hard drive. My mother board is a Micro-star international MS-6330 motherboard and 1 gig ram. For the life of me I can't figure out why only the DVD sound has this bubble sound in it when people talk when watching a movie. I've tried using POWER DVD and Win DVD 6.0 and both do the very same thing. The dvd movies run fine no sticking or hanging up just the sound making a bubble sound and only when watching dvd's.

I'm thinking maybe I need to buy another sound card perhaps any ideas on what I can do with the one I have installed now to solve this problem and maybe an idea on a good soundcard upgrade that will work in my motherboard. Any and all information would be very helpfull!

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL

Yep I have DX9.0c and I'm not sure what link I should use from (7)-(15) I checked in Device Manager and it shows "VIA AC'97 AUDIO CONTROLLER (WDM)" all the zip files in the links that have anything to do with via ac'97 are for audio combo drivers. So I'm not sure what one to use?

Try running DXDIAG from the run option on the start menu and lowering the Hardware accelaration down on your sound card settings and see if that helps
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I did as you asked and even went as low as no accelaration and it still has the bubble sound, it's not real bad but it's still there, it did seem to help it a bit but not enough to really tell much. Before I changed to this new video card it wasn't doing this. I had a 8mb video card that was in here I can't recall what it was I gave it away but I can get the information if it would help?

Well it was worth a shot. I ran into a similar problem with Roxio 8 and my onboard AC97 sound while editing video clips. It was driving me nuts and I just stumbled across that while checking my audio settings.

I am not sure why changing your video card would cause such a thing with the sound.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I hear ya, But like I was saying before I upgraded to the XFX GeForce MX 4000 Everything was doing fine, I just needed more ram on the video card for some of my games, that's why I changed to the other video card. So I figured there might be a setting or who knows what that might fix this bubble sound with the DVD's. I'm thinking on buying the "XFX GeForce 6200 / 256MB DDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card" It has more ram and should be more then enough to play most all new games.....I hope!! But in the mean time I would like to solve this dvd bubble mystery in the audio so if anyone might have any more ideas I'm all ears!

Something just came to mind. My computer runs with SDRAM and the video card I bought "XFX GeForce MX 4000 / 64MB DDR" has DDRram, could this be the reason it has my dvd player sound like it does?

The old video card was not duel channel. Like BOB stated I'm not sure why changing a video card would cause a sound problem in my dvd players sound. Like I stated earlier I'm thinking of buying another video card, see if it might fix the problem and up my grafics for the better games that reguire more video ram then the 64 MB on the one I have now.

Can I buy pretty much any sound card I want for my system?
    I'm wanting to go with a surround sound system for my gaming and music and dvd movies. The oneI'm looking at is a Turtle Beach Riviera 5.1 Digital PCI Sound Card for $29.99 They state "The Turtle Beach Riviera is an affordable, high quality sound card for enjoying immersive PC game play and multi-channel DVD audio, MP3 or other digital PC game play and multi-channel DVD audio, MP3 or other digital music enhanced with the fullness of multi-speaker surround sound. With selectable 2, 4 or 6 channel outputs, plus a digital S/PDIF output for pass-through of Dolby® Digital and DTS®multi-channelDVD sound, Riviera’s feature-rich surround sound environment makes it a perfect upgrade for the stereo sound capabilities of typical PCs."
    It sounds like it would be just fine for what I'm looking to do if it will work in my PC.
    ---------------
    Windows ME
    OS Name Microsoft Windows
    Version 4.90.3000 Build 3000
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name HUGHES
    System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
    System Model MS-6330
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor AMD Athlon(tm) processor AuthenticAMD ~1328 Mhz
    BIOS Version Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Total Physical Memory 1.00 GB sdram

Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink
    Specfications say that MB supports 4x AGP
    Ok so what your saying Is I need to buy a video card that is 4X not 8x correct?
    ---------------
    Windows ME
    System Name HUGHES
    System Model MS-6330
    System Type X86-based PC

i guess I'll have to take tha as correct even tho I have no idea where you got the information so I'll give it a try!
    ---------------
    Windows ME
    System Name HUGHES
    System Model MS-6330
    System Type X86-based PC

i have never seen where running a 8x agp card at 4x had any effect at all on a sound card,unless you got a bad video card,i don`t know the reason for the problem you have but i don`t believe it has anything to do for running a 8x agp at 4x,keep us informed of what you try i would like to see what cures it,luck,