shell-konsole

Thread: shell-konsole

Hybrid View

shell-konsole

I'm completely new to Linux. I have Suse 9 Enterprise server and I'm trying to add a user and have almost completed the task however it says you have to input the user using the shell-konsole, where the heck is the shell-kosole to input the info. LOL I can see the server with my winxp pc's but have no users or passwords to get into Suse. I just need to know where the shell-konsole is then I can move forward.

Well I have found the konsole. Now I can see the server on my xp machine but I can't access it so I figure I need to set up a user account and it says I need to go into the kosole to do this but yet to figure it out and need some help here.

Is this a gui server? I have really never messed much with Suse but if it is a gui server you should be able to create user accounts in yast. If no gui you should be able to drop to a terminal (shell-konsole) and type adduser username.
    I am not real sure what you are trying to accomplish. Is this a Samba server and you need usernames to access the network shares from Windows? If this is the case then you would use smbpasswd -a username (I think) as root. This may also help

http://www.samspublishing.com/articl...&seqNum=2&rl=1

What I was trying to do is set up a server with Suse just as you would set up 2003. (print server, file sharing, Router, etc). I'm just trying to learn a little about it. Yes it is a GUI server. There is a little training on it in net+ training but it dosn't seem the same even though it is the same program. I can see the server but cannot access it. It asks me for a password and I put in every password I have set on it but it will not let me in. I set up the server in yast as the domain controller and evrything else but no go. I can access any pc from it however. Not what I want to do though.