Driver for PRISM3 WLAN 802.11b USB Module

Thread: Driver for PRISM3 WLAN 802.11b USB Module

Driver for PRISM3 WLAN 802.11b USB Module

I have a laptop with a wireless LAN USB module installed inside it. The full description of the device is "Wireless LAN PRISM3 IEEE802.11b WM168 USB Module". The driver of this module doesn't do what it's supposed to, which is to configure the module, and also the driver properties interface won't always appear when I click on the PRISM Control Panel icon. I think the WLAN controller in WindowsXP doesn't like it. Obviously, the PRISM driver has bugs.

Does anyone know if there is a driver update for this module? I've never yet used this machine at a Wi-Fi point, but I'd sure like to, and this driver interface is hanging me up.

Driver 2.0.9 at Driver Guide:

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=137527

You may find it necessary to specify that the LAN driver to use is NOT the MS$ one even if it is the latest.

Since you didn't specify what driver is currently showing as selected hard to tell.

There is a checkbox in one of the configuration popups for "Let Windows Configure It" or something like that, and the instructions for PRISM suggest unchecking it to allow the PRISM driver to control configuration. But the USB Module uses its own driver, in any case. The problem is that even when I uncheck the "Let Wndows..." box, the PRISM configuration popups don't work right. I can call them just once after booting the computer; they will never come up again. Which means I can't do any dynamic configuration, which is necessary once a wireless signal is detected.

I checked the original vendor of PRISM as well as various driver download sites, but couldn't find an updated driver.

I suppose I could always buy an outboard WLAN USB adapter, but I'd like to try resolving the problem first.

I will repeat this here in case it works: Windows looks for the most recent driver, NOT the best.

Go to device manager and disable the device, then update driver to your choice one, THEN enable the device.

Works sometimes.

The update feature in Windows will just jump to latest driver if the device is enabled so DON'T use it when trying to trouble shoot.

gl

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll certainly use that procedure if I find a driver update. The problem is that I haven't. The drivers at driverguide and other sites I've gone to so far have been identical with the one already installed, and it doesn't work the way it's supposed to.

Get the WirelessLAN PRISM3 IEEE802.11b here free

hi there i needed this driver for my Averatec 3150p laptop
    BTW (i think) this PRISM3 wireless card can only read WEP and not WPA to bad

http://www.howtodrivers.com/model18486.html

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/132753