[RESOLVED] HP DeskJet 1200C

Thread: [RESOLVED] HP DeskJet 1200C

Sherry Boatman

HP DeskJet 1200C

I am running Win98 and have installed a HP DeskJet 1200C. The DeskJet 1200C is not recognizing the Windows 1200C (MS) print driver and will not print in color or proper language. I have contacted HP and they said it was a Windows problem. I called Microsoft and was told it was a HP problem. I called HP back and went through the whole thing again and was told the same as the first time that it is a Windows problem. (I spent over 4 hours on the phone in one afternoon.) The printer works in DOS and when a Printer Self Test is done. But it will not work in Windows98. The printer was connected to a computer that was running Windows NT and worked great at that time. The problem seems to be in Windows 98. Please help me to resolve this problem.

What kind of system are you running it on? Do you know your parallel port setup? Do you have a scanner/etc daisychained to the printer?
    Have you tried HP's latest drivers for the printer?

Try a different driver. I have had all kinds of problems with hp color inkjets and the one driver that seems to drive anyof them when all else fails is the HP 550C driver on the Windows CD. Try it and let me know how it goes.

Good Luck
    Bruce Dunn

sscholz
    When it was on NT, was it running in Postscript, or MS mode? You might have to go PS.

Banned
    still got one in the shed ,,,if u need any bits

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by freddy; December 7th, 2004 at 03:55 PM.

resolved the win98 driver issue for hp deskjet1200c for sherry boatman but where is the answer? thanks/ Joseph newcomer to this forum!