Hey Trip or the boy Titchski

Thread: Hey Trip or the boy Titchski

Hey Trip or the boy Titchski

Less than 4 weeks to the start of the World Cup 2006. Any England (St. Georges) car flags required to bemuse your countrymen? Quite happy to supply and do my bit for the country

Last edited by gazzak; May 15th, 2006 at 03:42 PM.
    There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got
    your hand or head stuck in something

Hey Gaz.
    Thanx of course, but I still have the one from two years ago!
    I will, of course, be showing it proudly and hopefully!!!
    BUT DAMN!! Now Rooney is out??? Geesh...when will we catch a freaking break???
    EVERY FREAKING TIME, something happens!!!!
    Anyway...I'll be thinking about you being there while I'm watching the games. This year one of the major stations is carrying the games. ABC and ESPN. Of course most will be ppv, but that is some progress.

ps
    So, how goes it over 'there'? Everything cool? You still a bookie?

Everything is very cool thanks. How's about you?

Due to new job, newish baby and a host of other stuff the bookie side of life has taken more of a back seat than I'd anticipated, but I still dip my toe in now and again I'm also being a good boy at home due to all the upcoming footy that my darling missus has given me agreen light for.

There's Arsenal v Barcelona in the Champions League final tomorrow night that just screams out to be watched in the pub, (too many Arsenal mates not to go), then there's MY team, Watford, in the Championship playoff final against Dirty Leeds in Cardiff this coming Sunday. Obviously me and the chaps are going, booze train from Paddington all the way. Winner plays in the Premiership next season. It's apparently the one game of football that is worth the most to the winner in the whole World, and I'll be there supporting the Golden Boys, sweeeeeeeeet! Maybe you'll get coverage over there?

Finally the World Cup, and one of the games we're trying very hard to see is USA v Czech Republic, you'll get a match report if we do get there. Shame about England though, can't see us scoring enough goals to get past the 1/4 finals, you were right about us being unlucky. With Rooney and Owen fit we'd have been a big force over there, but with no other world class strikers we're forked.

What are your plans for seeing some footy during the World Cup?

We're getting geared up here at Atodini Towers as well... starting tomorrow with the Arsenal game - trouble being that tomorrow is;

1 our wedding Anniversary,
    2 the match,
    and
    3 my cribbage night (I play league cribbage)

Herself has decided to come out with me to the pub where I'm playing cribbage, where the game will of course also be on!!

Just one of the reasons we've lasted 31 years!!

Also, last weekend I put a portable TV up on our stall so she (and the customers) could watch the West Ham / Liverpool Cup Final (Susie is from a West Ham crazy family)...

As regards the World cup, I've got a number of different England t-shirts & baseball caps, the obligatory St George flags, a St George keyring and tie pin (though I haven't worn a tie in years) and to top it all off, an outrageous red & white wig!!!!

I have however stopped short of painting big red crosses on the big white shed (aka my truck) but the more I think about the idea...............

Despite having seen a few reserve Arsenal games this season I've yet to see young Walcott play, but then again, apparently neither has Sven..... but I do study history.... star striker out injured, surprise player drafted in, scores hat trick, wins world cup! sound familiar Gaz?? 1966 and all that!

Hope Watford do make it past Leeds - the thought of another local team in the Premiership is mouthwatering here. Plus also many of my pals round here are Watford supporters.

Optimistically,

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Atodini
    Herself has decided to come out with me to the pub where I'm playing cribbage, where the game will of course also be on!!

Just one of the reasons we've lasted 31 years!!
    Compromise. The secret of a long and happy marraige. I know plenty of mates who's wives or girlfriends would not give an inch if it was an anniversary. It just builds resentment eventually. Glad you've got a good woman who understands you, and very good luck for the match. Tomorrow I shall wear red. Goooooners!

Hey John:
    I love your reference to 1966. Perhaps Sven saw something we never saw? Let's hope so. btw: I recommend wearing the wig...and post pics PLEASE!
    My pick for tomorrow:
    Arsenal will give up a goal, but
    WIN 2-1!!!!
    And Gaz: I'm good to go with the TV coverage. Over here, England is a real draw, so count on the stations to broadcast the free ones. After all, it only makes sense. Somehow, someway, they need to make footy/soccer a major sport over here. And it WILL happen.

John, I'm gutted. It just shows to me the folly of having a single man in charge of such a big game. A single man wearing a Barcelona shirt under his top. WANKER!

Yeah I'm gutted too but the kids done us proud!! 10 men against a team like Barcelona and only going down 2-1...

We'll have to see what happens next season and I am filled with confidence with the potential my team has shown tonight.

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

You want 'gutted'? Crap...I was talking over here about how this 'soccer' match was going to be a classic, and how Americans should watch and see, and THEN!!!! Fifteen minutes in the goalkeeper is red carded and Arsenal is playing ten against 11 for the next 75 minutes???? WTF!!!!
    I'll tell ya what: THAT is why sooo many here in the states will never love soccer. I mean, what sort of crap is that. NO OTHER sport in the world does that sort of thing. Another thing: ref's have way too much 'power' in soccer. Witness that Swiss arse in Euro '04. Remember? Or, how about what's going on in Italy right now???
    DAMN. It was NOT fair I tell you.
    That being said, the Gunners played their hearts out and STILL should have and could have won.
    Considering the odds they had stacked against them right from the start, they have nothing to be ashamed about, and much to be proud of.
    BUT: World Football needs to do SOMETHING about the stacked decks and the unfairness of it all...ESPECIALLY in the biggest matches!!!!
    DAMN!!!! But I am pissed. As I will probably be pissed sometime in the next month or so....

Got a flag this year Gazz, thanks though mate!

Also got the obligatory St Georges Wig and Inflatable Hand courtesy of a care package from my mum

Yeah Trip - I'll be looking for ESPN to show all England games, according to their site, "all 64 games available in HD" - I've booked an early leave on the Thursday as the Trinidad & Tobago game is at 2:00pm.

Will be watching with a cup of tea and some HobNobs I think - can't be arsed to sit round the house drinking alone
    Bollocks

Righto mate. That's something I just realized over the last week: ALL matches will be televised...NO PPV. This is a real first for US soccer coverage...AND it's a big deal. I couldn't be happier about that.
    BTW 'ski, I may have to pop on down with a 12 pack for that match. Otherwise, I'd be alone watching, too. Besides...it's been quite a long time since I've seen ya and the little missus.

ps:
    Ya got an extra flag? Mine is a bit frayed...must have been made in China.

John,

Me and the boys look forward to watching Watford play at your new stadium next season after our playoff win in Cardiff yesterday. You OOOOOOORRRRRNS!

Good luck in the Championship Tich Hope you stuff those Leeds sc*m just like we did!

grats on Watford Gaz. You've been waiting a long time. Any chance or predictions of new signings to prepare for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TripleRLtd
    Righto mate. That's something I just realized over the last week: ALL matches will be televised...NO PPV. This is a real first for US soccer coverage...AND it's a big deal. I couldn't be happier about that.
    BTW 'ski, I may have to pop on down with a 12 pack for that match. Otherwise, I'd be alone watching, too. Besides...it's been quite a long time since I've seen ya and the little missus.

ps:
    Ya got an extra flag? Mine is a bit frayed...must have been made in China.
    No go on the extra flag I'm afraid (only got the one). You're welcome to try on the inflatable hand though

Oh and Mrs Titchski is working full time on the Island now - next door to some coffeeshop on the main road
    Bollocks

Hey Gaz, how do you think your team will do in the big league? Better showing than 99/00?

My predictions are:

Premiership= Chelsea
    FA Cup= Man Utd
    Champs League= Barca

relagted back to the Championship division: Watford :butt: