Problems loading a NIC driver - Netware 5.1

Thread: Problems loading a NIC driver - Netware 5.1

Problems loading a NIC driver - Netware 5.1

Pardon me if I leave out any important info. I'm fairly new to using Netware and have just been messing around with it recently.

I'm installing netware 5.1 from a bootable CD. Everything goes fine until it goes to setup the NIC driver. BTW the NIC is an AirLink 101 (shows it has driver compatiblity for netware 5x on the box). Here is what happens:

It goes to a screen where it has Netowrk Boards and Netware Loadable Modules.

I go up to network boards and select that. Then it goes to the Driver name/device name screen. I press Insert from there and it gives me a list of drivers in its database. I press insert again to install from a disk. It scans the floppy drive and detects a driver, which is "RTTSRV.LAN Realtek RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet Nic", so I press enter with that selected.

Then it goes to a screen to select a slot, node address, medium type. I have the NIC on slot 1 so I press 1 for slot (also tried 4 incase I was counting from the wrong way), the Node address I select different options (and left it blank once) and for medium type I select Auto.

I go back to the first initial screen where it now says network boards: RTSSRV. I select continue and it says "Loading driver please wait" for several minutes. after 3-8 minutes (varies each time) I get this message:

"The following driver instance failed to load and will be deleted: c:\NWUPDATE\sys\system\RTDSSRV.LAN Slot=1, node=1 mediumtype=auto frame=ethernet_802.2 Name=rtssrv_1_e82 (The device supported by this driver may be disabled)

Any tips on how I can get this NIC installed?

What version of NW 5.1 are you installing? Are you using the latest overlay cd? That's a cd with the latest Service Pack integrated. The network card will probably automatically detected. If not, download the latest driver from Realtek. That's the manufacturer of the network chip.