NEWS: Beta 2 of Windows Vista & Office 2007 Released

Thread: NEWS: Beta 2 of Windows Vista & Office 2007 Released

NEWS: Beta 2 of Windows Vista & Office 2007 Released

Microsoft just announced that both Windows Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007 Beta 2 are released as public betas today. Windows Vista Beta 2 carries the tag - 5384.4-060518-1455 and Office 2007 Beta 2 is build 12.0.4017.1006. Both are available for download from connect/MSDN and Office is available publically.

Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available for
    IT professionals and developers with MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. In the coming weeks, Microsoft will start the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) for developers and IT professionals who are not members of the subscription services. One of the significant differences in Beta 2 is that the implementation of UAC (user account control) privilege elevation is much more intrusive. Also, the elevation dialog doesn't just pop up; it switches Vista into what Microsoft calls "secure desktop" mode. Here's 46 images of Beta 2.

It's pretty nifty so far, except for the constant input of my password every few minutes. Security is one thing...But once I am logged into the computer my credentials should allow me to load an entire program.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Hi! I joined because I have been using Vista 5308 for about a month. My reason for joining was to see about finding drivers, which is it's biggest issue, imho. Can't find AC97 soundcard?

Downloaded and installed Office 2007 Pro, Visio 2007, and Sharepoint Designer 2007. All look pretty nice so far. Just had trouble activating them. Probably due to heavy load on MS servers. Will try again tomorrow when I get to work.

I played a little with Vista, but I will get to do more once it is released as a public beta.

Hopefully I can use these to convince the school I work for to upgrade their Office 2000.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Quote Originally Posted by dglienna
    Hi! I joined because I have been using Vista 5308 for about a month. My reason for joining was to see about finding drivers, which is it's biggest issue, imho. Can't find AC97 soundcard?
    Welcome to the forums dglienna, you can start in the Vista Section of WD, that way others who need the info can also check there.

Also please mention exactly what sound card, as AC97 is a generic term for quite a few sound cards.