USB docking station

Thread: USB docking station

Unhappy USB docking station

Hi

I have a Casio EX Z750 digital camera. When I put this on the docking station it should read the contents of the sd card. This works fine for a 128mb, but when I try and use my 1gb card with 240 photo's it gets to 30 or sometimes up to 50 and then dies saying that the card is not recognised.

Does anyone know whether there is a fix for this or if I can go into the registry and remove the usb docking station completely and then see if i can install the casio disk and then use pkug and play for the docking station?

any help on this matter would be appreciated

Thanks

Berone7

It sounds odd, maybe it's a power problem?
    Yes you can remove the docking station from the registry, you can also screw up the registry by deleting the wrong thing, so make a back up of the registry first!
    It might be easiest to uninstall usb completely in safe mode, then disable the usb ports in bios. Reboot and uninstall the camera software (it may contain the drivers), reboot again and check the registry for Casio and usb entries. They should be all gone. Now re-enable the usb and reinstall in normal mode, then try your plug n pray routine
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Usb

Hi Noo Noo

Thanks for getting back to me. I solved this another way, which was forgetting the problem and buying a card reader off of ebay. This works out better as didn't fancy the registry editing too much anyway

Thanks for you help

Berone

Quote Originally Posted by berone7
    Hi Noo Noo

Thanks for getting back to me. I solved this another way, which was forgetting the problem and buying a card reader off of ebay. This works out better as didn't fancy the registry editing too much anyway

Thanks for you help

Berone
    Glad you sorted it.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."